DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best Flight battery depletion setting ?

The default is 10 days and I left it at that. I fly pretty much every day that weather permits, so I don't see myself needing that function.

If you fly every 10 days you should set it to the lowest so they aren't sitting around fully charged and idle for such a long time. If you fly every day you should set it to the max.

One thing to note, this isn't a discharge rate, it's a period of time before starting the discharge process. Setting discharge to 10 days doesn't make the battery discharge over a period of 10 days. Instead, the battery waits until 10 days of no use (which includes pressing the button - don't press the button or the timer resets) have passed before starting to discharge to the storage level. The same goes for the rest.

If I'm wrong someone chime in, but that's the way I understand it to work. As I said before, I don't really need discharge function so I haven't read much into it.

After a detour off into boat-land this thread has come back around to repeating itself. Signing off!

Ken

I have been flying 700 series model helis that run on 12S which is two 6S lipos. I run them down to 30-35% and store like that and they last for a long time just sitting idle. You don't want to leave then fully charged for more then a couple days to a week max or below 30% as life span will dip drastically. Between 30-35% is sweet spot and what most lipos come from the factory at. I have 12 6S lipos and only really fly my helicopters a few times a year but they still charge and discharge fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_