DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is this messing up the top of my pano?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Yesterday I did three amazing panorama scenes, only to discover this huge blur along the top. I suspect something is obstructing the upward excursion of the gimbal. Anybody out there know what I am doing wrong? I did save the original RAW files to process in Photoshop or Lightroom.

The gimbal simply can't pivot that high, so the software fills in the areas it can't actually get pictures with a color that supposedly matches the adjacent sections. If you check the RAW files, you'll find that the blur in the 360 should start at the top edge of your topmost images.

The gimbal simply can't pivot that high, so the software fills in the areas it can't actually get pictures with a color that supposedly matches the adjacent sections. If you check the RAW files, you'll find that the blur in the 360 should start at the top edge of your topmost images.

Iaincaradoc:

I'm sure if I can. agree with that theory since I previous did not have that blur and now I do. I will go back today to the gimbal settings. Such a shame to have to drive back out there and repeat these images. The clouds were so great yesterday and today it is mostly cloudy sky. Drats!!! I need some more input and opinions guys.

Iaincaradoc:

I'm sure if I can. agree with that theory since I previous did not have that blur and now I do.

I thought the same thing until I realized that the blur had always been in the same area of my images, and I'd just never seen it until there were clouds that made it obvious.

Iaincaradoc:
Not to go off subject but your avatar reminds me of Orson Welles (take it as a compliment).

So I am struggling with panoramas right now. I am not sure that this is a content-aware-fill situation . I think the upper fields of vision of the gimbal are being blocked by the body of the drone.

Too make matters worse, I did save the RAW files and tried to process those with Photoshop and the computer just stalled out. (round colored wheel going around and around and around forever).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.34.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 8.34.20 AM.png
    530.2 KB · Views: 4
Iaincaradoc:
Not to go off subject but your avatar reminds me of Orson Welles (take it as a compliment).

You're not the first. ;)

So I am struggling with panoramas right now. I am not sure that this is a content-aware-fill situation . I think the upper fields of vision of the gimbal are being blocked by the body of the drone.

Too make matters worse, I did save the RAW files and tried to process those with Photoshop and the computer just stalled out. (round colored wheel going around and around and around forever).

Post one of your panos. Here's one of mine - note the blur across the top.

DJI_0018_sm.JPG

You're not the first. ;)

Post one of your panos. Here's one of mine - note the blur across the top.

View attachment 108825

And distortion/blur along the bottom of the image too. You can't really have such a wide-angle pano at that aspect ratio - it needs to be cropped:

fullsizeoutput_df3.jpeg

And distortion/blur along the bottom of the image too. You can't really have such a wide-angle pano at that aspect ratio - it needs to be cropped:
It’s proportioned to be a spherical - I just “unwrapped” it to show the blur across the top more clearly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign