DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of case are you getting for your Mavic?

So i received my Mavic this morning, and had already purchased a Pelican 1400 case for it after doing some CAD drawings. I attached an image of the result.

It can handle the 2 extra batteries in the fly-more combo, and has room for extra props, but if you had a 4th battery, then you put the props in the right most storage area with the HUB. Also you can either fit the AC charger and HUB, or the Car charger and Hub. So it's just a TINY bit too small to fit most everything you could want.

Others have posted that the Pelican 1520 would work, based on what i was able to do with the 1400, i would have to say the 1520 is probably the better choice if you want one case to store all your Mavic items.

List of what is in the case as photographed: Mavic with battery and all 4 props attached, 2x extra batteries, controller, 1 full set of replacement props (4 props), credit card style SD card holder with room for up to 10 micro SD's (the hot pink plastic slip in the photo), charging hub, car charger, power bank adapter, USB controller charging cable, USB phone charging cable.

Attachments

• Mavic in pelican 1400.jpg
    Mavic in pelican 1400.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 318
I just bought a used LowePro Pro Runner 200 AW off eBay for traveling on airlines with my Mavic. I also will have the DJI case for carrying it locally when my Fly More Bundle arrives.

f4e3e0204527002100e20fc3f6288469.jpg
b97bc413d69fc47cd7a792a584de6b1e.jpg
3a589819d5cfb5d65effa2022e59ca6c.jpg
da17cd3b984b835d467f54d17f5a43cd.jpg
911f222379cc9935b1090e0d304640ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: grizzard
Last edited:
So i received my Mavic this morning, and had already purchased a Pelican 1400 case for it after doing some CAD drawings. I attached an image of the result.

It can handle the 2 extra batteries in the fly-more combo, and has room for extra props, but if you had a 4th battery, then you put the props in the right most storage area with the HUB. Also you can either fit the AC charger and HUB, or the Car charger and Hub. So it's just a TINY bit too small to fit most everything you could want.

Others have posted that the Pelican 1520 would work, based on what i was able to do with the 1400, i would have to say the 1520 is probably the better choice if you want one case to store all your Mavic items.

List of what is in the case as photographed: Mavic with battery and all 4 props attached, 2x extra batteries, controller, 1 full set of replacement props (4 props), credit card style SD card holder with room for up to 10 micro SD's (the hot pink plastic slip in the photo), charging hub, car charger, power bank adapter, USB controller charging cable, USB phone charging cable.
I was thinking the 1520 might be a little big, do you think even just he 1450 would work for the fly more bundle?

Thank you for all the suggestions on this forum. I've been using the DJI case that came with the Fly More combo and have mixed feelings about it. On the positive side, the quality is outstanding...water resistant zippers, a rugged 'rubberized' high quality shell, pockets for the car charger + spare battery + spare props, nice-looking design. The negatives are pretty big...1) control sticks don't fit properly without pushing them to the side; the case is simply too snug for both the Mavic and controller 2) The spare battery fits in the side pocket but the sharp edges may eventually tear the mesh liner. I don't see another way to carry a spare battery. Overall this case is nice and compact for short outings but I'll be buying a better case for travel.

Just take the joysticks off (yes, they come off) and put them in like an old 35mm film canister or waterproof match container ($3 at a camping store or on Amazon).

I can confirm the joysticks DO NOT come off, unfortunately. The Fly More case design doesn't seem to take this into account. The sticks will be pressed up to the sides and it feels like you are cramming the controller in there with the Mavic.

Last edited:
I angled the RC a bit to help with the press of the sides. Works for the most part.

That is too bad that the the Remote Control sticks do not come off...... I thought I seen in an early Mavic video that the sticks were removable...... maybe that was for pre-production models.

The official DJI mavic bag is pretty nice, but I find it a little tight for all the stuff including two extra batts. And also, I have my concerns about props getting bent over time in the bag.

_AEnno4JtlzhDauDXzGb6rmlLJipTiGGBG7Jz0sewzEZMsddjhZtc6HnhF_4rIaij_1VS6SawI4vtvPtn9Hx_30dDKNBtnd7CWhakYuhnBT1cRizClXg0rUOYL3SorKTdJDNBGdvSPDNJR-clRjDANGs5rAD4mcjrJLfjzEJuBIR_rTzJ6rnjC-5Fgfw40xsEPi4SECgV9GHS7-s89ra0zxvXWQXcYFnDEYYqVTGHl5BjmYpe94HHLXngb3kVY1aaJtCTLxCWh6dngOU5jkaFapC1rWZ2DFlQBh-1_fxH3VQ9K1W-bWHys4O6eGbPNu7g5FeDq8tJIj_cOwXqUQWyJ8RnpQWe7F9WPi9HCs8QqE6-FFkwhHQDpTDwFvvvxAkjmW9maPIuCfkeWyXIsc-bbjyaLlki9iUCiCUb0pWyvrUOfA_Dm8o4GJwQ5nHXegxi8Pm4tblhsluXUT3JFMx2XiX-Q2Iy-pxTOoVyBriMrQ2FCI0bVVTIO5xbTT4kZmrriU5z-8jdN514Q3ALTVOQVQboAEoqNUOw925pFPSdXQNu1PhyzPvOTmMFbY5O5XjTfaEfCW6=s976-no-tmp.jpg

Turns out - the entire kit fits just nicely in my old Taranis case! All in all, very impressed with what DJI has engineered. Over an hour's flight time, HD video link, 7km range, 4K video recording... all in a box that used to house just my Taranis.

Really wonder what we will see two years down the road.

I was sent this Bag for product testing. Looks like it'll be **** near perfect for the Mavic. My Mavic is supposed to arrive Monday so I'll confirm and post pictures.
MOBIUS 2.0 VPacker Gear Bag
c57e88a44da2a7a16f9811c700889414.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Geek is a shopping app. A lot of items are poorly made very cheap, but some are inexpensive gems like this bag, 300 lumen flashlights, cables, adapters, etc. Takes a while to get them but worth it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Found link
High Capacity Men's Leather Crossbody Shoulder Bag Laptop Blue/Brown.

http://geek.wish.com/c/5742a0abf46f9a5d707c73cb

Last edited:
I received my rucksack this week, not got the Mavic yet but seems great for the money and can also carry other gear and will fit an iPad mini or even pro (large) in it.
IMG_6691.JPG
IMG_6687.JPG
IMG_6688.JPG IMG_6691.JPG IMG_6693.PNG
IMG_6694.JPG

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member