DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of company is DJI?

drmort

Reactions
I originally placed an order for fly more combo through Carolina Dronz on October 21. I spoke with them today and they still haven't received confirmation of their order. They are hoping to receive shipment in the next couple of weeks. I have seen tons of posts of customers who have ordered placed and received orders much later than that through the DJI store and other retailers. DJI sent an email on Jan 5 promising orders placed at that point would be shipped by Jan 18th. What kind of company treats their dealers and their customers this way? They are completely undermining the ability of these dealers to generate business in the future and provide us with the service we need and desire. I am completely disgusted with the way these dealers and their customers have been treated. If DJI didn't have a product we all wanted, I don't think we would see this total disregard and lack of fairness in doing business. If there was a comparable product, through another manufacturer, I don't think any of us would put up with this kind of treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What kind of company treats their dealers and their customers this way?
Many authorized DJI dealers have been receiving and shipping stock. Some smaller sellers (e.g. Carolina Dronz) are probably not high up on the priority list. I guess being an authorized DJI dealer has its perks.

Many authorized DJI dealers have been receiving and shipping stock. Some smaller sellers (e.g. Carolina Dronz) are probably not high up on the priority list. I guess being an authorized DJI dealer has its perks.

This is the case in almost any business. A friend of mine owns a skidoo service/dealership and because he isn't one of the bigger outfits he is always on the low end of the totem pole so to speak. Just the way it is...

I think the problem is that some of these sellers aren't outfits at all. They are making promises they cannot keep since they do not work directly with DJI.

I originally placed an order for fly more combo through Carolina Dronz on October 21. I spoke with them today and they still haven't received confirmation of their order. They are hoping to receive shipment in the next couple of weeks. I have seen tons of posts of customers who have ordered placed and received orders much later than that through the DJI store and other retailers. DJI sent an email on Jan 5 promising orders placed at that point would be shipped by Jan 18th. What kind of company treats their dealers and their customers this way? They are completely undermining the ability of these dealers to generate business in the future and provide us with the service we need and desire. I am completely disgusted with the way these dealers and their customers have been treated. If DJI didn't have a product we all wanted, I don't think we would see this total disregard and lack of fairness in doing business. If there was a comparable product, through another manufacturer, I don't think any of us would put up with this kind of treatment.

How do you know Carolina Dronz is not the problem? Maybe they've been selling the drones to walk-in's instead of filling the orders.

Carolina Dronz claims to be an authorized seller on their website but I can't find them on the list - Where to Buy - DJI

Is Apple high enough? Waiting since early November.

Is Apple high enough?
Are you saying Apple has not received any shipments or just your shipment? I think you'll find it's the latter if you search a bit.

The DJI Store has stock right now. If you choose to wait for Apple, then you might be waiting a while.

Reactions: m0j0
Are you saying Apple has not received any shipments or just your shipment? I think you'll find it's the latter if you search a bit.

The DJI Store has stock right now. If you choose to wait for Apple, then you might be waiting a while.
I'm sure you're right. Apple has shown a delivery date of Jan 19th since the order was placed on Nov 19th. I will wait until Jan 20 to see if anything happens. I don't expect it will so I will then cancel and order from DJI.

........If you choose to wait for Apple, then you might be waiting a while.
FWIW: I ordered from Apple (Canada) during the big rush for the Mavic.
Ordered early November and received my Mavic before the end of November - about 3 weeks or so.

Yep. It's a mixed bag with other sellers though. The DJI Store has been shipping the fastest -- whether it be orders directly from the DJI Store or orders they fulfill elsewhere like Amazon and Newegg.

Finally got through to a person in shipping at my local Apple store.
She hasn't seen a Mavic in over a month. That tells me that on Jan 20th I'll probably be pushed to their incremental, arbitrary delivery date of (as of today) is March 27. Tomorrow that date will be March 28th and so on.

So

Cancelled Apple and ordered from DJI by clicking on msinger's sig.

Last edited:
DJI has a captive audience with a superior product for the price point.... at the moment.
I am sure competition in the industry will catch up and surpass their technology, thus offering a much wider choice of products and customer service levels.
I have been loyal to DJI since the release of the Phantom 1, but will rethink future DJI purchases.

I think DJI is a good company. They just had a major marketing glitch. Hopefully they've learned from it.

I had ordered mine from an Auth dealer on ebay. Ordered and paid on 10/31. It is finally going to be delivered tomorrow. It was a Fly more combo order. I figure the combo orders were taking a little longer due to the extra battery.

I think the problem is that some of these sellers aren't outfits at all. They are making promises they cannot keep since they do not work directly with DJI.

I just checked the DJI Store Website. It says orders placed today will ship in 1 week. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but to me a company should have have the decency to supply and fill their authorized dealers orders ( again- their authorized dealers who promote, sell and service their product) that have been on the books for over 2 1/2 months before they take direct orders that they probably have a higher margin on. It is clear to me that this will undermine and potentially eliminate that distribution channel. If those of us who value the services of a good dealer don't speak out we may all be ordering from the company store. I knew I could get a drone faster a month ago by cancelling and ordering one of the Mavics that were popping up and becoming available, but kept my order with Carolina Dronz because they have been upfront and good to work with. Also, having been a small business person most of my life I like to support small businesses who give superior service and have a reputation of taking care of clients.

You are wanting a product that is in VERY high demand. As much as I hate to say this, there has been many discussions here on the boards on how to get one quicker. Eliminating the middle man generally gets you in a better situation. Sorry for your troubles but you are not alone here. I suggest you cancel your order and buy directly from DJI's website. Just because you ordered from a 3rd party doesn't guarantee anything other than an extra step in the process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153