DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What New App Features Would You Like To See?

cbourke

Reactions
Just thinking today while it was raining in Western NY USA about what features I would like to see in future updates.

Who knows, maybe we will find that something already exists that others don't know about!

I would love it if you could choose Feet instead of Meters for the the RTH and Max Altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Would like to see an update to the Cinema mode to smooth out other actions such as camera adjustment and rotating the Mavic. Right now it only seems to smooth out yaw and stop/go actions. Would be better to see everything smoothed out.

I would like to have distance scale on the Manual Focus bar. I know that Mavic Hyperfocal distance is about 12m so it would be great to set it to 12m during night flight when AF fails so everything will be in focus.

Reactions: 4wding and cbourke
I'd like to have the ability to snap still images while recording video and have a mode that periodically snaps a still automatically.

I'd like to have say 3 custom settings for gimbal and flying characteristics so just choose custom 1 custom 2 custom 3 or standard

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

A panorama mode and waypoints.

I know it's on Litchi but prefer to only go to one app.

I would like to have distance scale on the Manual Focus bar. I know that Mavic Hyperfocal distance is about 12m so it would be great to set it to 12m during night flight when AF fails so everything will be in focus.
Similar to that, I think it would be even better if they can default the focus to MF and set it to the hyperfocal length so everything will be in focus similar to Phantom 3/4. I believe we take aerial photo/video most of the time so AF to tracking close distance subject should not be default.

A panorama mode and waypoints.<br /><br />I know it's on Litchi but prefer to only go to one app.

There are way points all ready and the dji ground station allows you to prevent program like litchi .
Ground station is an official DJI product but only available on OSI app at the moment

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Not going to happen! The Mavic camera has no idea of focus distance as it uses image contrast detection to determine correct focus - there is no feedback to the camera as to the distance this represents. This means that manual focus cannot be calibrated with a scale, it just moves the lens with no feedback as to the distance.

I would like all the bugs fixed :p

Not going to happen! The Mavic camera has no idea of focus distance as it uses image contrast detection to determine correct focus - there is no feedback to the camera as to the distance this represents. This means that manual focus cannot be calibrated with a scale, it just moves the lens with no feedback as to the distance.

I would like all the bugs fixed :p

Actually it does not need any focus feedback. As long as the scale is constant, it should work. Since it has a limit on both end(macro to infinity), it should be similar to regular camera lens. I could actually dial it to focus to 12m when I scroll it two times and it is repeatable.

The ability to switch from screen tap Auto Focus to screen tap Auto Exposure.
Currently the Auto Exposure screen tap is only available when Manual Focus is selected.

Actually it does not need any focus feedback. As long as the scale is constant, it should work. Since it has a limit on both end(macro to infinity), it should be similar to regular camera lens. I could actually dial it to focus to 12m when I scroll it two times and it is repeatable.

I agree up to a point. However I think that normal manufacturing tolerances would mean everyone's scale would differ slightly. Maybe if there was some kind of manual calibration procedure then this would work, but even then with such a small system it may be prone to external influences such as temperature, vibration, etc. throwing the calibration off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15