DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablet or phone do you use for your Mavic Pro

iPad mini 4, tethered to iPhone for data. works well enough for me, and balances OK in a mavmount.

Running light I'll just put my Note 8 in there and it's ok, but the controls on the very edges can be tough to tap.

With a slightly larger pack I'll bring my 2nd gen Nexus 7 and have no complaints with it.

If I'm doing a professional job or just have multiple onlookers, I'll put my 2nd iPad Pro 12.9" on a tripod in front of me. Its almost like playing a video game in front of a small tv.

Had an nVidia shield and it performed terribly right from the start. Extremely sluggish to boot or load any app even with a factory reset; so it was almost immediately returned. I was surprised at how bad it was with how many people rave about them; but it must have just been defective in a really odd way.

With the Note 8, Nexus 7 2nd gen, and iPad Pro 2nd gen I've never had signal loss mid-flight.

anyone please feel free to post a link for a tablet that has HDMI output that is on the cheaper side :)

Galaxy S7, never had a problem with it, I tried the Crystalsky but it was very unreliable, kept disconnecting from the MPP at least one every flight session, thought it was the usb cable but no, the last time I used it even had a mind of its own, it kept opening settings menus and wouldn't let me turn it off, I went back to my S7 and never looked back.
Did you get any disconnects with the S7? I haven't tried Android in a bit so I don't know if any update fixed it maybe.

I just switched to the "ASUS ZenPad 10.1", 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, 2MP Front / 5MP Rear Camera, Android 6.0, Tablet, Dark Gray (Z300M-A2-GR)" - Amazon Description.

It is fast and works great with my MPP. It has GPS.

I use the iPad mini 2. Works great not issues with the mavic pro or mavic air

Hey all,

I was just wondering what everyone was using for their Mavic Pro when flying. What kind of phone or tablet do you use?

I have tried two android devices (Pixel XL and S7 Plus), however, I would occasionally lose signal to the app mid flight. This is quite scary as I have no idea what the drone is doing and am forced to restart the DJI app. I switched over to a dedicated iPhone 6 and since then I have never had any problems, but I am missing the bigger screens of the other 2.
iPhone X for 4K video

Hey all,

I was just wondering what everyone was using for their Mavic Pro when flying. What kind of phone or tablet do you use?

I have tried two android devices (Pixel XL and S7 Plus), however, I would occasionally lose signal to the app mid flight. This is quite scary as I have no idea what the drone is doing and am forced to restart the DJI app. I switched over to a dedicated iPhone 6 and since then I have never had any problems, but I am missing the bigger screens of the other 2.
Not having a mobile phone (I couldn't even switch one on!) I use an Apple Air pad 1 (or something named like that?) And talking of things I know nothing about, the new Mavic should have a composite screen like the Phantom 4 Pro + and longer life batteries - it'd rule the market for YEARS to come!

Hey all,

Crystal Sky. I'll never go back to a phone. I can CLEARLY see the screen without putting a blanket over my head. The battery outlasts 4 or 5 Mavic batteries, unlike the phone's battery.

I keep a list of recommended and commonly used phones/tablets here.

I see the LG V20 showing as supported. I have been using one with my Mavic Pro since last July. It has severely limited my flying by range and frequency. I reboot and clear unnecessary processes, use airplane mode, have gone into developer mode and turned on USB debugging. I've disabled apps like facebook and twitter that seem to come preinstalled and have only installed 4 apps including DJI Go 4 myself. The phone itself is solid and can run weeks between reboots without funky behavior. I had previously used an LG G4 from the same carrier without any problems but the V20 has not managed a single sortie without the Go 4 crashing. I don't fly in any manner that depends on the phone screen except for framing a shot. I now have a refurbished no sim LG 4 I'll be pressing into service. I find it irksome that DJI continues to claim that the V20 is supported without actually providing ANY means of actial support or even guidelines or recomendations about versions or configurations, free resources or recommended settings. DJI have cost me money and caused unnecessary grief with their BS list of supported devices.

Hey all,

I use a 9.7" ipad and a 10.5" ipad with my mavic, air, spark, and inspire 2. I often use a Hoodman hood with it.

Of course, i use a MavMount to do all of that :)

20171108_165713.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Hey all,

I bought a Nvidia shield at great expense because of the larger screen and the fact I could use Litchi whereas my iPhone 5S would not accommodate Litchi. I am still trying to figure out how to connect the shield to the RC so can' tell you how good ( or bad ) it is. Anyone got any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760