DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats wrong with my horizon?

Ynksfan27

Reactions
Is this a sign that my gimbal needs calibrated? I had calibrated it for the first time about 2 or 3 flights ago and haven't done anything crazy since. Just curious why the horizon is so bowed.

No I dont think its a gimbal calibration problem. Have you changed any settings in the camera lately? You might try reset camera settings.

No I dont think its a gimbal calibration problem. Have you changed any settings in the camera lately? You might try reset camera settings.

I have been trying to learn how to shoot better photos, so I was messing with the ISO and shutter speed. Think I may of had my settings out of whack like you said. I will try setting them back to defaults and see if that helps. Thanks for the opinion :)

Reactions: Former Member
I have been trying to learn how to shoot better photos, so I was messing with the ISO and shutter speed. Think I may of had my settings out of whack like you said. I will try setting them back to defaults and see if that helps. Thanks for the opinion :)

Yeah, sometimes when adjusting the settings, I try to write down what I did, so if something isnt right after Im done, I just start undoing what I did to find out what it was.

Reactions: Ynksfan27
Yeah, sometimes when adjusting the settings, I try to write down what I did, so if something isnt right after Im done, I just start undoing what I did to find out what it was.

Thanks Rob. I will definitely start doing that. Today I was just changing numbers and taking pictures. Running and gunning lol. Is it possible to see what my ISO and Shutter Speed were set to in the meta data?

Is this a sign that my gimbal needs calibrated? I had calibrated it for the first time about 2 or 3 flights ago and haven't done anything crazy since. Just curious why the horizon is so bowed.

View attachment 68688

On a wide angle lens like the Mavic you will have lens barrel distortion like that at an increasing rate the further something is from lens center.DA89B9C4-4430-4435-A020-111ED4D00074.gif

Reactions: Nagem and Porky
This happens to me while taking photos, curved horizon. Now it might just be me but when I have the camera angle pointing to high I get the curved horizon but bringing the camera angle down slightly cues the problem. I’m flying a M2P btw?

What are you flying?

Reactions: crlmjohnson
You will definitely be able to sort the curved horizon out in post, if you do edit your photos?

Even the very best camera lenses have some kind of distortion.
I use Lightroom to edit my photos and fixing that distortion is a very quick and easy fix.

I too have this problem,but only in raw. Is it common and no fix to it other than in post.

Attachments

• 4C8DBFC0-3841-43FD-9F04-43913CF89146.jpeg
    4C8DBFC0-3841-43FD-9F04-43913CF89146.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev