DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When to replace propellors?

Kate

Reactions
Is there a common symptom to look for when inspecting, replacing your propellers?

I keep glancing at the shiny set of 4 new ones on our bench

Look for any damage, wear, and/or cracks along the outside of the prop edges or around the top/bottom of the prop hubs. Also, check the metal rivets to ensure they are not popping through the prop hub.

thanks msinger. they look to be fine

They recently killed a swarm of horny bees. thought mavic was the queen perhaps, hehe

Yeah any sign of wear... crack..... for me even scratches.. I replaced them their cheap!

There does come a point (I can't say when, exactly) where even perfect looking props should be replaced due to stress and fatigue. A lot of pressure is put upon them in flight, and though they may appear to be in perfect shape, you're going to want to replace them from time to time.

There does come a point (I can't say when, exactly) where even perfect looking props should be replaced due to stress and fatigue. A lot of pressure is put upon them in flight, and though they may appear to be in perfect shape, you're going to want to replace them from time to time.

well said!

In my one and "Fall out of the sky" crash on my earlier Mavic pro, it was due to one prop sheering off its connecting lip after i damaged it - when i had looked at the prop it was fine. I should have done a stress test on it by hand and i now put light pressure on them before flight, but suspect it still wont catch that one wear down failure as i don't know how much pressure to put on it and don't want to contribute to weakening them

II fly over water a lot so it will be irretreivable. and wonder how to guage a healthy replacements cycle .
For instance current props have been used for 6 weeks, three flights per day, sometimes a second cycle after recharge of 3 batteries. At lest one flight in sport mode with aggressive manuvering
Has anyone had experience with a no fault failure of props or dji have a spec ab out this. i assume it requires quite a long testing period and results that can be somewhat recreated?

Sorry the fast speed typos

thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe