DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do you store your batteries

rustydiver

Reactions
where do you store your Mavic batteries. All my other lipos are out in the garage stored in hollow concrete blocks with bricks on.
Should I keep the Mavic batteries with them.
cb9619bdfd34af791ae817833ede691f_zpsfec0156b.jpg

I believe storing your batteries in the garage for safety reasons is a bit unnecessary however, storing them inches from your vehicles fuel tank is a cause for alarm.

If you want to be rather picky about it the fuel tank would be a few feet away. It's on the other side off the pick up, inside the pick up,fuel filler flap the other side.
But in the unlikely event, if a Lipo was to for some reason puff and catch fire, I would rather it go up in a garage and take a vehicle with it than in the house and stand a chance of burning the house down with my family in. It's only and old van at the end off the day.

I keep mine in separate dividers in a camera bag just like all the other batteries. In the house.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think because I've got 15+ different lipos I prefer to store them in the garage outa harms way. Didn't know because dji are intelligent ones if it made much difference.

Reactions: Pedro
I think because I've got 15+ different lipos I prefer to store them in the garage outa harms way. Didn't know because dji are intelligent ones if it made much difference.

It's your preference but you asked the question. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who live in high rises or places that don't have garages or basements. I lived in Tokyo in a high rise as well. Point being, these batteries are designed to be safe in households.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Point taken.
Suppose im lucky as I use the garage more for a charging room. Plane storage and a few helis out there.
That way her indoors don't realise what I've bought. She don't go out there often ;)

Reactions: theOz24
I'm not the only paranoid one then.
Better to be safe than sorry.

There are so many stories of 'build your own drone' lipos bursting into flames through being damaged flying fpv or whatever that for the past 3 years all my lipos reside in the garage too. They are now sitting there wondering why the ***** DJI lipos get to stay in a warm house.. :)

Unsealed ammo box. Cheap, has a handle, and fireproof if for some reason my batteries do decide to puff and ignite.

In the case with my Mavic, I tend toward the not overly worried side of things. I've had various styles and sizes of Lipo's for decades and not a single one of them has ever given my problems. Worst that happens, my Mavic goes up with the batteries and they give me a new one under warranty.

I keep mine in my drone bag, all 5 batteries. I have home insurance and DJI will pay if my house burns down do to a faulty battery

Hello Pilots, I store my batteries in a two drawer metal file cabinet that I got at Wal Mart for $25. They are stored in my heated basement concrete floor and concrete block walls. Might be overkill but it's safe.

Hello Pilots, I store my batteries in a two drawer metal file cabinet that I got at Wal Mart for $25. They are stored in my heated basement concrete floor and concrete block walls. Might be overkill but it's safe.

I store all my Helicopter Lipo's in a small "Smokey Joe" BBQ In the garage along with my three Mavic batteries as well...no issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan