DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where/How are DJI Go Offline Maps stored in the mobile device?

6954dave

Reactions
As a GIS Consultant, I would like to be able to mimic the offline cached basemap functionality, and drag and drop my own cache mapping into the same location on my mobile device as where DJI go stores it's offline mapping cache.

Does anyone know where this is? I haven't been able to find it. Also, that's assuming DJI doesn't store the cache in a proprietary or binary format.

I have downloaded quite a few offline maps using latest Go4 version and Android 8 and they never load offline. I have hunted round the phone and can't find them anywhere. I posted my query to this forum at the time and someone who remembered said the same as Dan above, ie the functionality was dumped at some point during the app's development. He was unsure if this was the case with ios devices. Shame they did not disable the feature as the number of people who must have tried and then failed will be enormous. I suppose you could give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have left it there as they are working on a problem and it will work again in a future version.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet