DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who also has a Spark?

mikewired

Reactions
I bought a MPP and a Spark. I like both and the plan was to return one of them but I like both for different reasons. I will fly the spark through trees and in crazy tight spots over water. I will also fly it indoors or in the yard at night. The Spark does aggravate me with its limited range in dense trees and choppy video sometimes but there are times and places I would not fly the MPP. These dang drones!!!

I, too, have a Spark. I think it's awesome. I got my first drone a bit over a month or so ago when my wife gifted me a Spark. I was immediately hooked and then proceeded to acquire a Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. Talk about addicted to this drone thing!!!!!
I initially looked at spark but went with mavic.
Think my next purchase will be the P4P Obsidian. Jealous

Reactions: copterbob
I started with a Spark, still have it. I got it because, I could learn to fly a drone with it and if I didn't like it I was only out $500. But after several weeks I liked flying it so much, I got a Mavic Pro. I still fly the Spark every once and a while, but may end up selling it, because I love my Mavic more.

Reactions: Drone Master
Had a Spark before I got a Mavic.
The Spark is great but a couple of things let it down for filming.
The short battery life was the main thing. 12 minutes is a pain, you only feel like you're getting started when it's time to land it.
The 2 axis gimbal was another reason I switched. Very tricky to get a smooth panning shot.
Selling the Spark now as the Mavic addresses all this.
The Spark is trying to be the Mavics little brother but it's just not quite there, imho.

Please, keep everything on topic. This forum is about Mavic discussion.
Why is this about comparison to the MP or MPP?
If you want to discuss the Spark?, then join that network.
You can find it here!
SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum

Reactions: copterbob
I, too, have a Spark. I think it's awesome. I got my first drone a bit over a month or so ago when my wife gifted me a Spark. I was immediately hooked and then proceeded to acquire a Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. Talk about addicted to this drone thing!!!!!
Still less expensive than prostitutes or golf... good choice.

I would get a spark as well IF the spark worked with the mavic remote but it doesn't. I thing this is a short sighted decision not to unifty the remote connectivity across all their drones.

For the spark to work with the Mavic remote, it'll have to support occusync which would have made the spark more expensive

Please, keep everything on topic. This forum is about Mavic discussion.
Why is this about comparison to the MP or MPP?
If you want to discuss the Spark?, then join that network.
You can find it here!
SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum
I would think a comparison between a group of MP owners who have a Spark is relevant to the MP forum. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I would think I comparison between a group of MP owners who have a Spark is relevant to the MP forum. Just my opinion.
As long as it is only a comparison. Threads like these can and often lead to unrelated post after a time.
You can always link back and forth to the Spark forum for comparisons as well.

I have both, and love them both for different reasons. (Just like my wife and my dog):) One is my "go to", always easy to control and not many issues. The other is just for fun, but difficult to get out of it what you really want it to do. (I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which. . . in both cases). :D

I had already owned the Mavic Pro since it was released, but I considered getting a Spark to save space on shoots. But when I actually compared the Spark to the Mavic I realized that, folded-up, the Mavic was easier to fit in a camera bag or Pelican-style case. Plus all the other benefits of a Mavic over a Spark.

But now that the price has dropped I might reconsider. It would be nice to have a backup and a less expensive "toy" to fly for fun without risking my main photo/video drone. I've got other things to spend money on right now, but if the current prices persist into the Spring I might not be able to resist.

Have them both (and an Inspire 2). The Spark is a toy. Good camera quality but bad to fly. Period
Only use it as a back up. Never my first choice

Can you explain more about how it's bad to fly? Other than short battery life?

Also, with all due respect and consideration to the admin, I think this is a useful conversation here on MavicPilots as opposed to SparkPilots, as it gives those of us who don't own and might not even be considering a Spark knowledge and insight to which we otherwise might not be exposed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk