• a little irritated

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • highly mad

• so mad,im looking to buy elsewhere

• Total voters
who is pizzed at popups?
of all the issues ive ever had with my mavics,it has to be the never ending popups
u?
Extremely pizzed! Pop ups spoil my view on telemetry and framing. My thick fingers often refuse to hit the x to close them. Or I focus on something I don't wanna focus on. I can live without all but only two warnings, which are low battery and low control signal.
Edit: ok, 'SD card full' is the third.

but go tell the FAA you think users should be allowed to turn off NFZ zones and other warnings...you'd be out the door on the end of someone's boot and rightly so.
Where did you get this wisdom exactly?
The FAA doesn't care if you have a DJI with or without NFZ's. For them it's just a hobby drone in which case they let everything handle by local law enforcement. If it's a professional they simply demand that the pilot operates according to the rules. Which means THEIR NFZ's, CERTAINLY NOT DJI's!

Reactions: JLeePhoto
personally i think the popups are just a guise for china to infiltrate the mainstream,look at this aspect,they have our passwords,hopefully to all this is a unique pw and not the same as our more importance sites.

Where did you get this wisdom exactly?
The FAA doesn't care if you have a DJI with or without NFZ's. For them it's just a hobby drone in which case they let everything handle by local law enforcement. If it's a professional they simply demand that the pilot operates according to the rules. Which means THEIR NFZ's, CERTAINLY NOT DJI's!

Talk about missing the point.

I've heard of the odd anomaly but by and large, unless you've got incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, it appears that DJI's NFZs are at least as extensive as the FAA's and therefore are fit for purpose as far as enforcement authorities are concerned. It would be irresponsible to allow them to be turned off at will.

But my broader point was that DJI are trying to keep ahead of the game solely to preserve their sales channels - you think the Chinese give a tom tit about where you fly your toys or what imperialist aircraft you knock out of the skies? I'd hazard a guess that if there was no 'nanny' functionality in the software then the FAA, government or whoever else you care to mention would have imposed much more stringent legislation and usage limitations by now, or even banned their use outside the corporate arena - both of which have already happened elsewhere if you care to check.

There are several warnings that can be shut off in the APP so they wont pop up.
Things like;
Stadiums
Heliports
Private recreation
Class B air space
Class C airspace
Class D airspace
Class E airspace
Parcels......
There might be more choices, but these I am sure of. If you dont want to be warned, set it to ignore.
You can either read the manual, try some sort of firmware hack, or say something nice to me and maybe I'll tell you how :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM