DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is still flying their Mavic Pros' original set of props?

Hover the Mavic at eye level on a calm day. Slowly turn it and observe each prop. They should almost disappear while spinning. If you see one that doesn't totally disappear replace it.

Still on original props. 18 hrs. 49 min. Almost 700,000 ft. 225 fights and props seem like new. I always take them off and check them every 10 flights or so. Take the props off and hold one side of the blade and make sure the other side doesn’t drop down. Vice versa. Obviously check for debris and chips. Happy flying!!!

Im at 264 flights, 2,097,855 feet flown in 37 hours 11 min on 3 of my original props. The 4th was replaced after a minor crash inside with only a couple hours flown so the 4th prop has been on almost as long as the others.

Reactions: Zyskman78
I have one original prop left since Feb... A couple months back the dog managed to get it and bite through a prop, so that had to be replaced. I did manage to land it without crashing with the damaged prop. Dogs have an extreme hatred of these things, and their mind, all Mavics must be killed. This is why I started hand catching every time and never let the thing land again. Anyway, even though some blood was drawn, the dog still wants to kill it. I suspect even more now, and you gotta watch because the dog is extremely fast and will come out of no where! I should post some extreme pictures of said dog as it goes from nice looking dog to scary looking dog in a split second. I didn't know such mean faces could be buried in such a nice looking face, but the Mavic caught it on film several times.

Then sometime shortly after, I had an uncommanded forward flight after taking off near metal. Don't do this... The thing hates metal and it screws with its navigation immensely. After trying unsuccessfully to stop the drone, since I still had directional control I aimed it for a tree hoping it would catch it and it did at the expense of 2 props. No damage done except props. I am probably the only person on this forum that has purposely crashed into a tree to save his drone.

So I am down to 1 original prop in 10 months.

Reactions: Zyskman78
I purchased my MAVIC PRO on January 31, 2017 and have been flying it four time a week. I have four flight batteries so when I'm out flying, I fly for several hours.

When I purchased my Mavic Pro I also purchased two extra sets if props. This little rig flies SO WELL that I have NEVER crashed it.

So I am wondering how many Mavic Pro pilots are still flying with the original sets of props?
14ce648d6df5b710b6061b135e308313.jpg

I have done 30flights, only 4 hours, still on same props.. hard to crash :)

This being said, have watched something on YouTube, where a guy put some Mavic platinum props on his pro... reduced motors by 80 or so rpm, and was quieter... I have bought 4sets for my pro... guessing less rpm = a tad more battery life :)

Btw. Really like your skin kit !,

Sounds like you folks are doing a good job loggong your flight hours without a hobbs.

I'm shocked more people haven't switched over to the new blades. They are supposed to be quieter and give extended flight time.

I have one original prop left since Feb... A couple months back the dog managed to get it and bite through a prop, so that had to be replaced. I did manage to land it without crashing with the damaged prop. Dogs have an extreme hatred of these things, and their mind, all Mavics must be killed. This is why I started hand catching every time and never let the thing land again. Anyway, even though some blood was drawn, the dog still wants to kill it. I suspect even more now, and you gotta watch because the dog is extremely fast and will come out of no where! I should post some extreme pictures of said dog as it goes from nice looking dog to scary looking dog in a split second. I didn't know such mean faces could be buried in such a nice looking face, but the Mavic caught it on film several times.

Then sometime shortly after, I had an uncommanded forward flight after taking off near metal. Don't do this... The thing hates metal and it screws with its navigation immensely. After trying unsuccessfully to stop the drone, since I still had directional control I aimed it for a tree hoping it would catch it and it did at the expense of 2 props. No damage done except props. I am probably the only person on this forum that has purposely crashed into a tree to save his drone.

So I am down to 1 original prop in 10 months.
The dog bit the prop while flying? How's the dog?

I am proud to say that I got about 7 minutes in beginners mode before I found Charlie Browns "kite eating tree", it was bare and my depth perception led me astray. Probably some kind of record for ineptitude. Took out all 4 props, no further damage. I guess DJI is correct about obstacle avoidance not working with bare trees. :rolleyes:

250,000 feet, 6 hours, 70 flights, 2 crashes (I know), original props.

Both crashes involved lots of of leaves on trees.

The dog bit the prop while flying? How's the dog?

Minor blood on the gum.... But no biggie. Very similar to you catching your finger which I have done a couple times. Doesn't feel very good, but it is not going to slice you all up. The prop if not solid but on on a hinge. I hand catch and caught myself a couple times when I was a noob at it, mainly because there is one big drone killer German Shepard hanging around most days, so I have to hand catch.

Problem is, I told her, now you learned your lesson! Or so I thought. Deterrence was 0. She wanted to kill it again today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli