DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of MP owners are not and never will be serious photographers/videographers. If you are, then you understand what a 1" sensor and the name "Hassleblad" means. Most people are just happy to dance around the sky a bit and look down at things from a few hundred ft up. They won't be as interested in the MP2. I am simply giddy thinking about the low light potential. The RAW files. The available colors. The slow-motion potential. Yeah, I'll have one shortly.

Well, MP2 is generally great drone but slightly too expensive. Many of MP1 owners won’t buy MP2 just because of the price. Let’s see in Europe new MP2 cost 1499 euro, you can sell yours second hand MP1 for approximately 650-700 euro so you need add 800 euro to MP2, its lots!!!
Another story it that MP2 cost same like Phantom 4 pro and I’m sure won’t produce better image quality, if someone needs drone for professional purposes ( wedding etc) definitely take p4pro, rest of holidays movie makers will stick with MP1 or go for Mavic Air for portability reasons so probably MP2 won’t be best seller.

The vast majority of MP owners are not and never will be serious photographers/videographers. If you are, then you understand what a 1" sensor and the name "Hassleblad" means. Most people are just happy to dance around the sky a bit and look down at things from a few hundred ft up. They won't be as interested in the MP2. I am simply giddy thinking about the low light potential. The RAW files. The available colors. The slow-motion potential. Yeah, I'll have one shortly.
True. But it's becoming a status symbol. If MP2 is out, and if they can afford it, they don't want to be seen flying MP1.

Perhaps. But if i have my "serious photographer/videographer" hat on, then the mavic isnt what im taking out of the hanger.
Depends on what you call serious. Its not something i claim or a tag i put on others by looking at their equipment

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
I seems DJI didn't include an Atti mode switch on the MP2, just like what many of us miss on the MPP and Air? The introduction was all about a intelligent flying camera, not a flying machine. Funny how things get turned around. To me an Atti switch is a must (I didn't know the MP1 didn't have one until I received it).

Stupid. DJI should have listen to us. That is probably why I'm not buying, although the specs are cool.
I will hold on to the MPPro for as long as possible, and my Inspire 1.

Problem I see upcoming is the countless MP2 GO4 updates without any benefit to the MP1 series, with the risk of introduction of new bugs that will also effect our MP1.

Reactions: Storyline
+1 on the ATTI mode definitely.

I have only had my MP for a short while and have only very recently got to understand what all the options do. Part of me says get a MP2 now rather than invest more time in the next part of the learning curve with my MP.

On balance though, the MP2 will be wasted on me. My next priority must be to learn how to plan and execute a video project. My aim is to produce short sailing documentaries and instructional videos (just for fun). I have just completed a Davinci Resolve course so can add that to the mix. One thing that has struck me when watching MP2 vs MP clips is just how different the colours are on unedited footage, this shows up much more difference at first glance than does sharpness, contrast and saturation. This is true for most drone comparisons. So I know I have to learn how to colour grade my footage as well as learning composition & flying techniques.

I have also just got a Tello and that is great fun and can contribute indoor clips if needed. I have also a set of DJI Goggles that I have never even used so have them to play with for some fun.

So, I have much to learn and the MP is plenty good enough for now. When I feel I am up to a reasonable standard and can be proud of any footage I put up on YouTube for others to look at I will immediately get the MP2.

I don’t think DJI would enable ATTI mode on a switch. Sure many of us here have enough experience and would want to the ability to fly in ATTI mode. But there’ll be many newbies spending almost $2k on the MP2. It’d be pretty expensive for DJI cover Care Refresh, when stocks are still new and maybe limited, and there’s not a lot of refurbished ones around.

Well, MP2 is generally great drone but slightly too expensive. Many of MP1 owners won’t buy MP2 just because of the price. Let’s see in Europe new MP2 cost 1499 euro, you can sell yours second hand MP1 for approximately 650-700 euro so you need add 800 euro to MP2, its lots!!!
Another story it that MP2 cost same like Phantom 4 pro and I’m sure won’t produce better image quality, if someone needs drone for professional purposes ( wedding etc) definitely take p4pro, rest of holidays movie makers will stick with MP1 or go for Mavic Air for portability reasons so probably MP2 won’t be best seller.

If you have one already I didn’t see why you would get the mavic 2.

I
first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.
I have the Pro and the Air. Can’t say I’ve had any problems with either, both work as well (or better) than I expected.

I'm sticking with my MP1, for now. The big sensor is something that interests me, but not to the extent that I need to rush into buying MP2.
The Hasselblad connection is only because, as I understand it, DJI either bought big into Hasselblad, or own it completely.
The camera on MP2 is no Hasselblad. Go into your local camera shop and look at one, pick it up and feel the quality. The Name is all that exists on the MP2 camera, along with a very slender input into the development.
Don't get me wrong, the MP2 will be awesome, but some of it is just clever marketing and we all know DJI are very good at that.

Man o man.....
I hope all the "Mavic is buggy and DJI wont fix it" people don't think they can buy a M2 with even a bigger data stream and they will be good!
If you cant make your Mavic work now, you probably wont find a drone you can make work. The Mavic is the easiest out there. but it appears it isn't idiot proof.
There is no problems with the Mavic I own, never has been. There are no bugs, the latest software is fine, the latest firmware is fine. Every version I have had as well.
SAME software and firmware we ALL get.
I suggest spending some time looking into what you are doing wrong with the drone(s) you have now that you cant make work right. And spend less time trying to find one that doesn't take user input to fine tune. (that doesn't exist)
it also irks me a bit when people come to a MAVIC specific forum for MAVIC users and shill for EVO's, Parrot, and whatever other junk there is out there.

Paid influencers. Trolling competitor's outlets is a whole job...

didnt take long for DJI trolls to show up trying to side track a thread to get it locked,mods need to nip it in its bud so the thread doesnt get trashed

Nothing to nip I see other than 2 post I deleted . You started the thread asking and you are getting answers so as long as everyone stays civil and stops with the name calling it's good .
Just carry on and be civil .

So for us who have had compass errors whenever the camera is pointed straight down and when I’m in sports mode flying straight full throttle and also get compass errors I guess it’s just me that didn’t read the manual enough when I was waiting 3 months after I ordered it. Glad you got a good one.
As for me, I’ll be waiting till the bugs get out.

So for us who have had compass errors whenever the camera is pointed straight down and when I’m in sports mode flying straight full throttle and also get compass errors I guess it’s just me that didn’t read the manual enough when I was waiting 3 months after I ordered it. Glad you got a good one.
As for me, I’ll be waiting till the bugs get out.
and my horizon tilt and mid flight gimbal resets are operator error,hmmm

The ultrasonic sensor error I get all my flights is also my fault, right? The gimbal reset and freaking out midflight is just an idiot pilot causing it too? No, I'm not going to buy the Mavic Pro Beta. I'm done with DJI.

The ultrasonic sensor error I get all my flights is also my fault, right? The gimbal reset and freaking out midflight is just an idiot pilot causing it too? No, I'm not going to buy the Mavic Pro Beta. I'm done with DJI.
i think they mean its our fault
for drinking the dji koolaid,hoping we would get a good one.

Man o man.....
I hope all the "Mavic is buggy and DJI wont fix it" people don't think they can buy a M2 with even a bigger data stream and they will be good!
If you cant make your Mavic work now, you probably wont find a drone you can make work. The Mavic is the easiest out there. but it appears it isn't idiot proof.
There is no problems with the Mavic I own, never has been. There are no bugs, the latest software is fine, the latest firmware is fine. Every version I have had as well.
SAME software and firmware we ALL get.
I suggest spending some time looking into what you are doing wrong with the drone(s) you have now that you cant make work right. And spend less time trying to find one that doesn't take user input to fine tune. (that doesn't exist)
it also irks me a bit when people come to a MAVIC specific forum for MAVIC users and shill for EVO's, Parrot, and whatever other junk there is out there.
since you brought it up i did buy an Evo and has worked so well my 2 Mp's have sat on the shelf since then
i may eventually get a Mp2 but this time instead of impulse buying like i did with my mavics,dji will have to show me the Mp2 is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes