DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why should I become 107 certified?

bacon2017

Reactions
Can someone explain to me in black and white why I should or shouldn't get certified? I am covered with a COA when I am at work. I work in public safety. I still fly my drone off duty just for pleasure only. I just came back from a state meeting that had FAA people there but getting a clear answer was impossible. Thanks for any help.

Can someone explain to me in black and white why I should or shouldn't get certified? I am covered with a COA when I am at work. I work in public safety. I still fly my drone off duty just for pleasure only. I just came back from a state meeting that had FAA people there but getting a clear answer was impossible. Thanks for any help.

If you want to legally be able to get paid for flying a mission such as real estate etc. you will need to be certified.

^ Yup... There are a number of reasons why, but they all come down to "anyone" making money from images/video captured. If you fly for free, but give the images to someone else who uses them on a pamphlet, tv ad, any type of promotion, you must be 107 certified.

No theres not really another reason. Maybe it would make you a little more aware and possibly a better pilot but its $150 to take the test not counting if you pay for an online study course.

I could see it being beneficial if by having it, the FAA would allow beyond line of sight flying, but that's not the case.

Hypothetically, if I'm a regular Joe photographer shooting real states using ladder/boom as tools to capture elevated shots of the property, do I need to register anywhere?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB