DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Doing a Reverse Downward Funnel Cause Motors to turn off?

See the screenshot I posted above. After landing, hold the left stick down to shut down the motors.
oh I see. so you don't have to do anything with the right stick. gotcha thanks man will do that to my drone.

So many people here must have flown only DJIs. All the non DJI drones I've flown shut down the motors the exact same way. Down and out or down and in.

See the screenshot I posted above. After landing, hold the left stick down to shut down the motors.
Im sorry msinger got another question. I set that setting like you told me to last night on my ap. My question is now will the leftstick down and right and the left stick down and left will work if there is an emergency? How will the drone know it is having an emergency?

If it doesn't know and let you shut down motors with the sticks how do you do it if it's stuck in a tree and just spinning a way?

Im sorry msinger got another question. I set that setting like you told me to last night on my ap. My question is now will the leftstick down and right and the left stick down and left will work if there is an emergency? How will the drone know it is having an emergency?

If it doesn't know and let you shut down motors with the sticks how do you do it if it's stuck in a tree and just spinning a way?
The Mavic knows its in an emergency when the outputs its sending to the motors are having no effect on the aircraft's orientation. So if you hit a tree and sever a blade the mavic droops on that side it therefore ramps up that motors RPM. If after a second or two the craft is still droping on that side it knows that something is wrong.

I set that setting like you told me to last night on my ap. My question is now will the leftstick down and right and the left stick down and left will work if there is an emergency? How will the drone know it is having an emergency?
Great questions. I don't know. DJI has no documentation explaining the scenarios that must occur in order for the Mavic to deem a situation an emergency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan