DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wireless broadcasting to a TV

Sorry, anyways , go look in the closet for and old router use that to connect via wifi Apple TV to iPad I record to a micro s
SD card anyways , I just use this for when others want to look what's going on and not hang on my shoulders. 28 inch 8 lbs Samsung tv , router , Apple TV , all plugged Into a inventor in the back of my truck bed

I just tried Chromecasting from my phone (droid-- I guess this method doesn't work for iOS) to the living room TV. It worked !!! --- But I need to do better tests with the TV outside and close to the remote/sending phone.

ARE YOU USING APPLE TV 4TH GEN ? AND MY PICTURE IS VERY CLEAR LIKE THE MAVIC SEE’S IT
Yup. That's the one I have.
Even if I just rotate the camera up/down, the image is not smooth on the TV screen, but it is on my iPhone 7+.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to show a friend or family member what you see on your phone screen, it's perfectly fine. It is a clear image. However, other than that it wasn't great quality in my test as it lags the phone screen in time and video refresh. YMMV.

On my keyboard the Caps Lock key is to the left of the "A". I know you didn't ask, but just in case... ;) :D

Reactions: Pixar
OK all tested and works well, after some more research I found that I must use an AC router and run it at 5ghz , so I bought a netgear 2300 works very well, I now have no lag, Router , Apple TV all attached to the back of the the TV and runs well off my inverter. the whole set up is 12 lbs,
I will show a couple pics if anybody is interested.
My previous attemps I was trying an outdated router and then trying to use those pocket routers off amazon, no go.

Reactions: drakkor
Thanks, @Pixar. That's good to know.

So, when you watch the video on your screen, and the camera pans, it happens as smooth on your television as it does on your phone/tablet that is attached to the controller?

correct, it also depends on the prosser on the ipad as well, my pro and air are great just a tad slower on the mini 4 however I have not tested it with the RJ45 6 cable yet , just installed that yesterday, that way I have a direct connect from router to apple tv 4K , this should be fun :)

correct, it also depends on the prosser on the ipad as well, my pro and air are great just a tad slower on the mini 4 however I have not tested it with the RJ45 6 cable yet , just installed that yesterday, that way I have a direct connect from router to apple tv 4K , this should be fun :)

I have been using Apple TV to stream mavic footage for a while.

I built a 22" monitor and all necessary accessories into a single waterproof pelican case for the fire department. It has its own wireless router, Apple TV, and inverter.

I find the feed is sometimes ultra smooth and non glitchy. Other times the monitor sort of freezes for a period of time. I cannot isolate why or how...but it works really well for our application.

I am slightly annoyed that iPad screen will not use the full screen on the monitor.....however iPhone does.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: KiterTodd
Very Nice, however check the chip speed on the regular apple TV compare to Apple TV 4K
I also have found that my Ipad 4 mini will not work as well as the Ipad Air or the ipad 12.9 (streaming to thru router and apple 4K )
Anyways we are on the same wave length ! great Job !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev