DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Within 5 miles... question

will759227

Reactions
So I live within 5 miles of a few air parks . And heliports. It says on b4 u fly you must contact them. None have towers. All but one is listed as unattended . Do you need to contact them if no tower? Additionally will dji app block me from flying? I have no plans going over 400 feet or out of the lake area.

You could leave a message , you don't need permission just need to give them notice. However I'm not even sure if that is required anymore since the FAA regulations for hobbiests was overturned.

Also I think the DJI app only blocks the larger airports (red zones), but I believe you can unlock those as long as you are not within 3 miles. Never had to do this yet though.

Only the registration of the drone was over turned from my understanding. You still need to call, leave a message if no one picks up. I do all the time and one once (5 days later) did someone call me back.

Reactions: shevlin
Only the registration of the drone was over turned from my understanding. You still need to call, leave a message if no one picks up. I do all the time and one once (5 days later) did someone call me back.

From what I read on the phantom forum. You just need to tell them they can't say no. What if no number for the heliport is listed?

Was just outside and saw a private plane gliding around the lake. I wonder what altitude they are flying st usually? I remember putting my phantom 2 at a park above the lights and I thought that was high. It's been awhile . I boguth it for a party tomorrow. But I think I may just sit on it.

So I live within 5 miles of a few air parks . And heliports. It says on b4 u fly you must contact them. None have towers. All but one is listed as unattended . Do you need to contact them if no tower? Additionally will dji app block me from flying? I have no plans going over 400 feet or out of the lake area.
They may know... DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor
DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki