DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you buy a spark?

The spark just doesn't interest me when compared to my Mavic. I can't think of a single benefit. Especially not for £519 ~$665 US. (I'm really not a fan of the DJI exchange rates. 0.96usd per gbp when the actual rate is currently 1.28)

Ordered 3, one for myself, one for my son's birthday, and one for my nephew's. Of course, I ordered from 3 different sources to see which gets delivered faster. :D
Where do you guys get all this money from? I'm definitely in the wrong job. And wrong country lol

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I just sold my Mavic and was watching the Casey Neistadt vid on the Spark. Makes me want another Bebop 2...as it was so fun to fly with a tablet (alone).[/QUOTE
]
Lol, I just packed up my Bebop 2 to send back to Amazon...the Flight Pro app kept crashing on me..strongly considering the Spark or other small drone platform.

I currently own a Mavic and a P2+. After the tx fried on P2+. (Thanks DJI for that wonderful update) DJI lost their credibility, Then the Mavic was released annnndwho could resist. Credibility restored (Though hesitantly) A couple months later along comes Spark. Would be a great selfie UAV for my daughter's. Oh but wait.. 1 day after that release I find I'm again forced to update (This time it's my M.P.) Not only am I being forced to update but will have my wings clipped if I don't. Sooooo I paid my $1500.00 for what I thought was MY M.P. only to realize 2 months later that I only pay for the right to USE it the way DJI allows me to. I have lost the "free to soar like a bird" feeling and will ABSOLUTELY NOT spend any $ on something that can literally be turned into a paperweight because someone on a different continent thinks it's up to them to ensure I follow local laws/rules/restrictions. NO bloody way will I be tricked into ANY more DJI products until they rectify this absurd policy.

Reactions: peros550
There are definitely lots of positives and negatives, one deciding factor for me may be noise level. Does anyone know how loud it is compared to the Mavic? Since portability really isn't that much different that might be important from an intimidation factor.

On the dji web site: Buy Spark and get a 16 GB microSD card free.

Due to limited new product availability, each customer can only purchase two units in an order. Orders of three or more units will be cancelled.

On the dji web site: Buy Spark and get a 16 GB microSD card free.

Due to limited new product availability, each customer can only purchase two units in an order. Orders of three or more units will be cancelled.
Wow... they are going all out on that promo! LOL!

Calling it Spark is bad Karma for me here in New Zealand, the main phone company here is called Spark and I am still waiting for my high-speed internet connection since January, wonder if the Spark will have the same delays as the Mavic (or my internet connection :mad:).

Guess I will stick with my Mavic for now (and my P4 and P4P)... maybe when they are shipping and some feedback I should get one to keep the others from getting lonely :)

Nope, no chance I will get the Spark, the Mavic Pro is just perfect for now and covers all my needs. I don't do selfies at the best of times so don't see the point of such a small drone.

If anything when DJI roll out the Mavic Pro 2 with better camera, more sensors, maybe slightly improved battery life, I would definitely consider upgrading, but never downgrading to a Spark.

After thinking about it for a while I now realize that the Mavic does just about everything the Spark does except hand launch and palm flying. For me it really comes down to how loud/quiet the drone is compared to the mavic. The mavic can fly with wifi and has similar gesture control. With Litchi or Autopilot you can get the same quick shots.

So again, if the Spark is much quieter than the Mavic that would be a big selling point. The other issue is the value of the fly more package being priced almost $200 below the individual pieces. That alone makes it hard to pass up.

Does anyone know about the Spark noise level? No one I ask can answer this.

Reactions: larkin and Turnerm
Spark is the new cool kid in town, All the cool kids have one, Mavic is for the old farts who still drive Volvo's and shop at payless shoes.. and dont get me started on those phantom pilots.... :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111