DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can now have your FAA Registration Number(s) printed on your DecalGirl Skins. No more "labels"

FYI:
In both the USA and Canada the registration number must be applied to the drone by Engraving, PERMANENT Label, or PERMANENT Marker.
Since skins (or wraps) are not permanent, any registration number applied to the skin would not meet the legal requirements.
Dens da rules. :) :)

Edit:
As pointed out by @msinger in post 15 below, the "permanent" requirement does not apply in the USA. The infographic posted on the FAA website is, apparently, incorrect.
The infographic is correct by stating "you can use" just to clarify. Confusing...yes...

I see in this document it states that the number must be on the "outside" of the drone. In the doc that @msinger refers to it states that it is ok in the battery compartment.
This is all about as clear as our new regulations up here in Canada. :)

Anyway, I'll leave this discussion to you good folks south of the border.

I see in this document it states that the number must be on the "outside" of the drone. In the doc that @msinger refers to it states that it is ok in the battery compartment.
Those screenshots are actually from the doc I referenced. If you read the entire document, you'll see it's actually saying the number can no longer be in the battery compartment. The rule states the number must now be on an external surface of the aircraft.

Reactions: Ken K
ok, by definition: "Permanent Labels: Designed for a one-time application, permanent labels use a strong adhesive that creates a strong, or permanent, bond between the label and the surface. The degree of “permanence” is determined by a combination of the adhesive, face material, surface application, environment, and time. The adhesive used for the label should provide the peel, tack, and shear required to provide a secure bond to the surface material while accommodating the environmental conditions for the application, such as resistance to heat, cold, moisture, chemicals, and solvents. If permanent labels are removed, they will leave an adhesive residue on the surface, may pull or tear the surface during removal, and the label itself may tear, leaving pieces of the label on the surface."

and then if you refer to Decal Girls: Are the skins re-usable? Our drone skins are meant for one time use only and are not reusable. They're adjustable during the application process but once they've bonded you will more than likely stretch the skin when you remove it.

So if I put those two together I get the skins are one time use and therefore a permanent label.

It sure will beat what I have now which is a paper label covered with clear tape.

Reactions: STUFF2C
You have mine beat... I use a #2 pencil and write it on the props. One time use? ;)

Reactions: Former Member
I wouldn't want my registration number on the skin. If I choose to sell my drone, I'd rather not have the new owner flying around with my license plate. I'll put a label on the skin.

In other news, my girlfriend got a permanent at the hair salon. It lasted less than 6 months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688