DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can't fly your drone here

The International Mtn. Biking Association did a study comparing e-bikes to analog bikes and found they are no more destructive to the trail systems. The 24 page study is available on their web site...so get over it and get an e-bike.

I don't disagree that the low-torque models are pretty benign. But the more powerful designs obviously have the capability to damage trails, just like other powered bikes, so hopefully those will remain prohibited. I'm not interested in getting one though - that's not the point of the kind of mountain biking that I do.

On the other hand, when I think of all the stupid stuff I got away with when I was a youngster, I can’t help but feel guilty when I’m in the presence of an officer now that I’m older. If nothing else, I respect and appreciate them for doing a tough job that I’m sure most of us couldn’t do any better. Police are needed to enforce the laws created by our civil societies. Get over it and play by the rules, and don’t do stuff that makes rules necessary.
Exactly!!! That’s why we should be courteous to the local law enforcement agencies and let them know when we are doing operations in their areas. I was an officer for 25 years and greatly respect the job they do with the little respect given. Most officers I know would take a bullet for a stranger...what other kind of person has that type of dedication to their duty!!!! Definitely PRO-Police here!!!!

Reactions: Earthman
Hi all. Just cleaned up the thread. Gonna leave it open. Please cease personal attacks and name calling. Different opinions are good, but don’t get personal. Remember the thread topic: “You can’t fly your drone here”
Thanks.

Reactions: kwilliams6045
Go back even further than the advent of snow boards. Remember back to the 1970s when the "chopper bike" began to appear? "They're too dangerous". "The rider cannot control the bike properly". "The rider will be seriously injured, and innocent people will be killed"! Go back even further to the advent of the "horseless carriage"! o_O :eek: ?

Every time I've mentioned my drone to a woman, they laugh and make a joke about nude sunbathing in their backyard. I'm seriously thinking that's a real thing. Too many "jokes" now.

[ <-- i'll be right back, I'm going back and checking my high-altitude neighborhood shots ]

Care to share...
??

Reactions: passedpawn
The butterfly effect IS an accepted part of “Chaos Theory,” which holds that small changes (for example, the displaced air from butterfly wings flapping in Chicago) can result in massive changes elsewhere (such as tornadoes in Tokyo).

However, butterflies are just the beginning. For example, what effect do human farts blasted in Cleveland, Ohio, have in the Pacific Ocean? Tsunamis. Hot air from the U.S. Congress? Global warming. My ex’s never-ending bitterness? Acid rain. Yep. The Universe is a mysterious place, indeed.

I've seem to remember something about in our atmosphere, the "typical" molecule of air (or ANY type of gas) only takes approx 7 to 10 days to "circumnavigate" the planet...?

Exactly!!! That’s why we should be courteous to the local law enforcement agencies and let them know when we are doing operations in their areas. I was an officer for 25 years and greatly respect the job they do with the little respect given. Most officers I know would take a bullet for a stranger...what other kind of person has that type of dedication to their duty!!!! Definitely PRO-Police here!!!!

I’m always courteous to the police. I hope I always will be. They have loaded guns, deal with scum, don’t know anything about me when we first meet, and they may be having a bad day or a troubled life. They’re only human, so it’s just stupid to argue with them while they’re in the middle of getting a handle on the situation, even if you think you are right.

I’ve crosses paths with the police a dozen times and only had one bad experience when they made a bad call. It all worked out in the end for everyone since I hadn’t done anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams