DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You Thought You Knew Everything About the Mavic Pro

Are we talking about the option that says Landing protection

I crashed my Mavic in water. It lost the clip that was recording while it crashed, but all other clips where okay. The Mavic was fine after a couple days in rice, however the battery that was in it is not. Well the battery LEDs light up, but it will not charge(Leds all light up solid) and will not power the aircraft(once again, LEDs light up on the battery but the Mavic itself does not turn on). I don't know if it was debris got sucked into the cooling fan but it did overheat once but when I tried disassembling it some stuff came out and I retried it and it no longer overheated. Plus I could hear the fan running.

So, what is the reason to fly a narrow between the water and the wood? Testing ability? or "let me see if the MP can do it"? SO...

LIPO batteries are quite unpredictable, there are several safety measures built in to the Mavic's "intelligent battery". If one of my batteries got submerged I'd dispose of it. DJI goes as far as recommending putting the battery in an open space and keeping away from it until it's dry.

I crashed my Mavic in water. It lost the clip that was recording while it crashed, but all other clips where okay. The Mavic was fine after a couple days in rice, however the battery that was in it is not. Well the battery LEDs light up, but it will not charge(Leds all light up solid) and will not power the aircraft(once again, LEDs light up on the battery but the Mavic itself does not turn on). I don't know if it was debris got sucked into the cooling fan but it did overheat once but when I tried disassembling it some stuff came out and I retried it and it no longer overheated. Plus I could hear the fan running.

Step one - Remove the battery.
Step two - If it was salt water, a quick rinse with distilled water. (others here may have better advice on this one)
Step tree - Into the big bag of rice.

It wouldn't hurt to have these items on hand if you plan on flying over water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78