DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Downard Right Vision Sensor Error”

Mission North

Reactions
This morning, first flight after firmware update, the Mavic came up with a system error...

Downard Vision Sensor Error (e00002)
Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange for repairs.
Vision System Error (e00002)
Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the problem persists.

Connecting to DJI Assistant 2 (for the first time) and running the sensor calibration showed that the front downward facing camera was blank. Tried reverting to the previous firmware, but just the same.

Any suggestions?

so no crash? just a firmware update and this happened.

how old is the drone? did it have a crash or hard landings in the past?

16 hours, 60 miles and no crashes or hard landings yet. Had it since the beginning of March. Performed perfectly so far, with perhaps two gimble glitches in all that time. And flew quite happily with a faulty VPS camera, but I don’t like to risk it.

open a ticket from DJI... chat.. don't call... it is a warranty claim if within 1 year

Reactions: Mission North
The problem seems to have gone away - for now. After contacting DJI support, they suggested refreshing the firmware and recalibrating the sensors. I did this, but the problem remained the same.

Then this morning I powered up the Mavic to take a few photos locally. It reported that all was well. Took it for a test flight and it behaved perfectly. Connected to DJI Assistant and did a full calibration with everything working as it should. I have now run through about five full batteries without the problem coming back.

Not sure what to do now. It would seem that if the fault comes back it shouldn’t cause the Mavic to crash and I’m confident that I can fly it back and land it safely. I don’t want it fail again with the same fault after the warranty expires. But I don’t want to lose the use of the Mavic for a few weeks then be told that no fault was found.

This morning, first flight after firmware update, the Mavic came up with a system error...

Downard Vision Sensor Error (e00002)
Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange for repairs.
Vision System Error (e00002)
Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the problem persists.

Connecting to DJI Assistant 2 (for the first time) and running the sensor calibration showed that the front downward facing camera was blank. Tried reverting to the previous firmware, but just the same.

Any suggestions?

Use DJI Assistant to recalibrate vision sensors. I had the same issue and that fixed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_