DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

“Set current aircraft position as Home Point”

Rick0504N

Reactions
Under what scenarios are folks using this option?

My understanding is that, if this is applied, your AC is going to descend from wherever it currently is, which could be 500 feet away from you.

I know that if you were to physically move to a different location with your RC (away from the original recorded takeoff HP) , you can reset the HP to where your RC now currently is, which I can understand. But why would you reset the HP to where the AC currently is? Unless you were to move to that same location? In which case I would think you would reset HP to RC...

why would you reset the HP to where the AC currently is?
Some people are not using mobile devices that contain a GPS receiver, so resetting the home point to the Mavic's current location is the only option.

If the Mavic is directly overhead, you could reset the home point to your new location after moving away from the home point. You could also enable the dynamic home point feature in DJI GO to automatically reset the home point to the Mavic's current location (as it moves) while flying in ActiveTrack mode.

“Some people are not using mobile devices that contain a GPS receiver, so resetting the home point to the Mavic's current location is the only option.”

Ahhh, did not think of that.
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa