DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[0:46 Mavic Air HD] The largest waterfall of Brazil - 380m! Tough place to shoot with wind, rain and thick fog. Looking for honest opinions & feedback

Contrary to my usual pleas, this film was too short. I loved the scene, and the dramatic music too. I certainly would have enjoyed a few more moments on the falls. The "money" shot, where you circle out to shoot the falls, was cut off way too soon. And as far as crowds go, I don't think having more people there in there shot would detract too much from the dramatic scene of the falls itself, cropped closely to eliminate much of the rim of he canyon and many oof the people. All in all, this Wass a very nice film.
Thank you Dale, I fully agree on it being too short! Spent all the two full batteries I had at the time and this is all I could salvage from the footage! The zoom out was cut short by the fog.
The place gets A LOT of peole sometimes, Imagine 400 tourists there all waiting their turn to take that picture!

Reactions: TreeHugger
Brilliant video. The guy on the cliff edge at the start! Wow, Wow Wah We Wah! ??
He has been working up there for the better part of the last 20 years so he is very much used to it! I was very lucky to be able to capture him at his work place :)

Reactions: Squidinc
A great video to me has me wanting to visit a place in the next few years. Yours has me wanting to board a plane this weekend!

Luv the thrill of heights, well-sync’d music track, and perfectly timed length. Great job!
Aww man that´s very kind of you!
Do come visit, wait for Covid to pass though :) hospitality in Bahia is fantastic, everything is closed now though..

The music is fruit of a collaboration with the amazing Oscuro, it was really motivating to see himmake a fantastic track like that for the video.
I guess I would have wanted to make the video a tad bit longer but it just wasn´t possible with the footage I managed to capture..

Last edited:
Spectacular - but considerng how difficult it is to get there to do the video, way too short - don't you think? The one nice thing about it is that it definitely leaves the viewer wanting to see more - and that is a great accomplishment. (many videos I have seen here go on and on and on and on and basically show a flowing river or huge forest/Desert or lake with not much different from one minute to the next
I couldnt agree more mate. I rarely watch 3min of anything that just doesnt change, not even nature videos. Thats why i do my best to tell a story and take the viewer on a journey where things happen but with this one the footage simply didnt give me that possibility. If I could do it again, I would shoot a bit of the trail getting there!

Wow. Excellent. I would not stand so close to the edge, especially if windy.
The guy has been working there for ages so he ought to be used to it! The place is actually terribly windy, in fact the waterfall is famous for rising instead of falling: The wind at times throws the drizzle up into the air, forming rainbows above the crowd. Yes, I am serious.

Great footage! 1 thing though, might want to mess around with your export settings of whatever video editor you use, it didn't look very sharp for 4K. Other Youtube videos with Mavic Air footage look sharper on my 40" 4k Samsung monitor.
You are absolutely right, thans for pointing that out. This is actually 1080p because I shot it in 120fps and then sped up. I now do the contrary:shoot in 4k 30fps and slow down when necessary.

You are absolutely right, thans for pointing that out. This is actually 1080p because I shot it in 120fps and then sped up. I now do the contrary:shoot in 4k 30fps and slow down when necessary.

If you have premiere/AE study up on how to film shots for slow mo. Pixel motion is pretty effective as long as you've done the shot correctly.

Reactions: @BelezaPuraFilms
If you have premiere/AE study up on how to film shots for slow mo. Pixel motion is pretty effective as long as you've done the shot correctly.
Nah mate, I edit everything on a 2nd gen IpadPro with Lumafusion. That means I can slow down but usually not beyond 85% of original speed. Also means I cannot stabilize footage, which would be really useful.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada