DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

01.04.0500 Apple Device Failure

Green

Reactions
Consistent failures while attempting to upload on multiple iOS devices with different cables. Update worked just fine using an Android device.

Coding flaw???

Reactions: Junebug Petty
Update failed for me on Android as well (Oneplus 3) about half way through, now trying the via DJI Assistant on Mac…

Oh FFS, now that I did succesfully updated Mavic Pro to .0500 via Mac, the DJI GO app is still saying to me that the firmware should be updated. :mad:

I updated using iPhone X. Seemed to stay at 60 % complete for a while, but I was patient and it eventually completed the update.

Reactions: Green
Consistent failures while attempting to upload on multiple iOS devices with different cables. Update worked just fine using an Android device.

Coding flaw???
Make sure it is a data cable not just a charging cable. Be patient....

I’ll change cables tomorrow and try for the 3rd time. what a pain in the @$$. This new firmware.500 is screwing a lot of us up. Mine says contact DJI code 200 . And USB cable not connected.?

Update: This morning I hooked up to Assistant 2 on my computer, backed up to #400. That took care of code #200 and now controller says new update available. # 01.04.500 version. . This time I updated using WiFi instead of DJI Assistant 2 . All systems go . Mission accomplished. Note I’m also using newest Go4 apps on both Android Galaxy S8+ and Apple iPad mini 4 . Test flight coming in a few days . Rain has grounded me ,forecast for at least 2 to 3 days.

I mistakenly updated my Go 4 app, was then prompted to update my Mavic to V01.04.0500 .

It tried the update using my iPad mini 4 and it failed at 71%

Tried again, same issue....

Tried with iphone6 same issue.

When I returned home I used Assistant 2 software, and it seemed to update ok.

When I restarted I have a black screen and video signal errors, and encoder errors....

Is there any solution to this new wonderful firmware update ?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

I mistakenly updated my Go 4 app, was then prompted to update my Mavic to V01.04.0500 .

It tried the update using my iPad mini 4 and it failed at 71%

Tried again, same issue....

Tried with iphone6 same issue.

When I returned home I used Assistant 2 software, and it seemed to update ok.

When I restarted I have a black screen and video signal errors, and encoder errors....

Is there any solution to this new wonderful firmware update ?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
Refresh your update using assistant 2 . If that doesnt work , back up to .400 then do update once again. It's a PITA I know. It took a few tries for me too but It finally went o.k and my test flights were all good using latest firmware and software.

Can't update to 01.04.0500 on Mavic Pro
using my iPhone 6+
Using wifi - software is downloaded, but
when it comes to performing the update,
it starts, but about 5 seconds later it closes
out DJI Go4, I re-opened DJI-Go4 several times
but it just keeps in the loop. anyone else?

"UPDATE" - I was able to upgrade with my iPad Air 2
I also used a “different” cable ... seems it was the original cable
that came with my MP.

[DJI Assistant 2 failed during a previous update - did't try this time!]

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "tfrank48, post: 575977, miembro: 6885"] l

Inténtalo de nuevo usando tu cable original de DJI [/ QUOTE]

Es el que utilizo

[QUOTE = "tfrank48, post: 575977, miembro: 6885"] l

Inténtalo de nuevo usando tu cable original de DJI [/ QUOTE]

Es el que utilizo

Try using a laptop or another PC even and different cables, including the orginal cable.
Try using WiFi and DJI assistant 2 in each
case.

Update was failing repeatedly using my Google Pixel XL. It worked fine when I switched to my IPhone X.

I upgraded the controller and Mavic Pro to 0.500 this morning. I did not use DJI Assistant 2, I did it right within the DJI Go 4 app right on the iPad Mini 4 that is used strictly for my drone.

No issues, everything went smooth as glass.

One curiosity though... I then proceeded to turn everything off, swap batteries, and then turn everything back on again. Only for the 1st battery swap (battery #2) did I get the "inconsistent firmware" notification (I went ahead and had it update the firmware for that battery). But when I did the same thing for batteries #3 and #4 I did NOT get an "inconsistent firmware" notification. That surprised me.

So, battery #1 (the one that was in the Mavic Pro when I did the firmware update to the aircraft and controller) and battery #2 now have the updated firmware but not battery #3 and #4.

Is this common?

Mark

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC