DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

0400 FW.... Am I Still OK?

Spanishcop

Reactions
So I returned from my trip to Spain. I'm still on 0400 FW and I've kept my iPad mini 4 from internet connection when using Mavic.

Not realizing my iPad was in WiFi mode, family wanted to see some of the video I got with it and I launched DJI GO 4 to go into the editor.

I got the message about the firmware changes and I had to click ignore or agree. I clicked IGNORE and turned off WIFI. My Mavic was NOT powered on at the time nor RC.

Did I just screw up my 0400 FW with limitations by launching my DJI GO4 app?

Am I still able to fly like before since FW has not changed on either Mavic or RC?

Only thing I had turned on was DJI GO4 app.

Most important... What am I to expect next time I go to fly my Mavic with no Internet Connection active?

Mike

So I returned from my trip to Spain. I'm still on 0400 FW and I've kept my iPad mini 4 from internet connection when using Mavic.

Not realizing my iPad was in WiFi mode, family wanted to see some of the video I got with it and I launched DJI GO 4 to go into the editor.

I got the message about the firmware changes and I had to click ignore or agree. I clicked IGNORE and turned off WIFI. My Mavic was NOT powered on at the time nor RC.

Am I still able to fly like before since FW has not changed on either Mavic or RC?

Most important... What am I to expect next time I go to fly my Mavic with no Internet Connection active?

Mike
I think you're fine. Nothing should change if the Mavic FW can't handle the limitation code.

Reactions: Spanishcop
I just want to make sure that it's not going to limit me now and force me to upgrade because it now knows I'm on 0400 FW on the DJI GO4 app.

I also have settings on ipad to NOT allow app to update automatically so I'm still on an older version of the app as well. It's wanting to update app but I'm manually only updating the ones I want it to and DJI is not one.

Mike

Same thing happened to me and now i get always the "inconsistent firmware" message :mad:
My app is 4.0.8 and the MP on .400 BUT, i feel like since some time something "changed": in past i flew up to +4km without any weak signal warning (in countryside with clean interference free sorrounding), now i get first weak warnings even at 1km (in city); video feedback lags on my ipone 6s and never happened before.......

Same thing happened to me and now i get always the "inconsistent firmware" message :mad:
My app is 4.0.8 and the MP on .400 BUT, i feel like since some time something "changed": in past i flew up to +4km without any weak signal warning (in countryside with clean interference free sorrounding), now i get first weak warnings even at 1km (in city); video feedback lags on my ipone 6s and never happened before.......
And you're surprised? The city is interference paradise. I'm surprised you can even get 1km.

And you're surprised? The city is interference paradise. I'm surprised you can even get 1km.

Surprised because i didn't expect all this difference and also because i fly mostly along the shoreline.

Surprised because i didn't expect all this difference and also because i fly mostly along the shoreline.
City flying is very difficult with any RC controlled craft. There's so much interference, that getting 1km is a good day.

As soon as I get a chance I'll test and report my findings

Does anyone have a link to download FW V 01.03.0400?
I upgraded to the newest FW and my Mavic is doing crazy stuff, yesterday I flew a real easy Litchi mission and the drone flew about four feet off the waypoint path, stopped just before hitting a pole and then continued right into the pole hitting it, thankfully it didn't hit the ground because it recovered and I landed it right away. This all happened right after I updated the FW to the current version 0800

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2536.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2536.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12

Mike
I got the same message as well and like you, I just ignored it.
Have flown many flights and nothing has changed. I have no limitations what so ever. FW 0400 , Go App 4.07.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Did you do a short test run after your update before you used the Lithchi. How do you know it was the update at fault and not Litchi or some other factor?
Have you at least tried a short test to see if the problem persists?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki