DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$1,000,000 liability insurance Kentucky State Parks

Fly anyway. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Amazing how many folks simply don’t understand this.
Initially I was going to do this, then I found a form on the KY state parks website, called the place I am staying and the girl didn't seem too knowledgeable, she said bring the form. Suspect I am making this more difficult then it has too be, but also don't want to get my drone confiscated lol..

I have been using SkyWatch for my liability insurance. They offer coverage for a wide variety of situations. In my experience, their pricing ranges between (not more than) $25 for an hour at a pre-defined area to $75 for an entire month with coverage for the drone equipment.

Fly anyway. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Amazing how many folks simply don’t understand this.
[/QUOTE
I have been using SkyWatch for my liability insurance. They offer coverage for a wide variety of situations. In my experience, their pricing ranges between (not more than) $25 for an hour at a pre-defined area to $75 for an entire month with coverage for the drone equipment.
Thanks for that information, and all the other comments, appreciated!

Used to be in the media biz and $1mil is nothing but common and usually demanded by most clients along with the location you are using. In fact, it is usually the Location requesting the high dollar insurance- as high as $5mil sometimes.Verifly was mentioned and there are others drone specific which is what is needed- drone specific. You are buying the insurance for that day/time needed to fly at a location so while it is high dollar it is relatively cheap and duration specific.
I think there might be a misunderstanding too, it needs to be specific to the drone and not your house. Folks getting insurance from say State Farm are getting coverage for their drone as I understand it and not additional coverage on their house. Or am I missing something?

Used to be in the media biz and $1mil is nothing but common and usually demanded by most clients along with the location you are using. In fact, it is usually the Location requesting the high dollar insurance- as high as $5mil sometimes.Verifly was mentioned and there are others drone specific which is what is needed- drone specific. You are buying the insurance for that day/time needed to fly at a location so while it is high dollar it is relatively cheap and duration specific.
I think there might be a misunderstanding too, it needs to be specific to the drone and not your house. Folks getting insurance from say State Farm are getting coverage for their drone as I understand it and not additional coverage on their house. Or am I missing something?
It's what's called a liability umbrella and falls under the home policy, and according to my Rep I am covered regardless of where I fly, as long as you follow the laws. Waiting now till I show up tomorrow whether they approve my paperwork...thanks!

Ama only covers you "if" you're flying from a sanctioned field. Not anywhere you fly.

That's not true anymore. Check out AMA's website or contact them directly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR