DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1 mile from a 10KW long wave transmitter, would you fly ? SOLVED.. I'm not risking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew less than a mile from a 100KW FM antenna.....

And that was before I knew what I was doing or done any modding to the Mavic :)
Impressive, if I gave the impression that I actually wanted to fly near a high power transmitter then I did not communicate properly, I just live close to one.

Impressive, if I gave the impression that I actually wanted to fly near a high power transmitter then I did not communicate properly, I just live close to one.

I would think it might have "some" interference affect if you're flying long range, or in an already congested area. But if you stay close it probably would not be noticeable. I've flown directly over cell towers that transmit much closer to our Mavic's band and didn't have issues.

I won't say the distance out on this forum too many drone police out here, but it was out there. ;)

That looks like a cell tower to me Ah re-read your post but anyway are we not just giving the haters fuel for regulations posting stuff like this ?

I would think it might have "some" interference affect if you're flying long range, or in an already congested area. But if you stay close it probably would not be noticeable. I've flown directly over cell towers that transmit much closer to our Mavic's band and didn't have issues.

I won't say the distance out on this forum too many drone police out here, but it was out there. ;)

Oh, I keep forgetting, some folks fly way outside of VLOS....

Yeah, as you start to get further away, you have a signal-to-noise ratio problem.

The signal from your RC decreases in strength exponentially as you go away (inverse-square law), and the "noise" generated from things such as towers increase exponentially as you get closer to them. At some point, the signal from your RC is going to be "pushed out" by the noise generated by the tower. That's just physics.

That looks like a cell tower to me Ah re-read your post but anyway are we not just giving the haters fuel for regulations posting stuff like this ?

I agree with you. But there are so many stupid people in the world, like people hovering directly in the flight path of large aircraft taking off from a major airport, regulations are going to get stricter by the day no matter what.

Remember when the cheapo green laser pointers started coming in from China?

The funny thing is, when I post on other forums, example, a general motors forum, and ask a corvette owner how fast does it go now after adding the turbo, not a single sole chimes in about breaking the speed limit. Selective outrage.

I agree with you. But there are so many stupid people in the world, like people hovering directly in the flight path of large aircraft taking off from a major airport, regulations are going to get stricter by the day no matter what.

Remember when the cheapo green laser pointers started coming in from China?

The funny thing is, when I post on other forums, example, a general motors forum, and ask a corvette owner how fast does it go now after adding the turbo, not a single sole chimes in about breaking the speed limit. Selective outrage.

Speed limit laws are decades old, well established, as are the fines and punishments for breaking them. We have test tracks and other locations where it’s 100% fine to go 200 mph. You don’t even technically need a license to drive a vehicle off-road, or on a private test track. If some idiot drives their GM vehicle through a school zone at 150, it’s not even going to be front page news.

Drone laws, on the other hand, are evolving. Right now, literally any action you take outside is covered by the FAA. All sorts of rules and regulations are being established and changed. The more things people do - or allude to - outside of the scope of decency and courtesy, the more laws and regulations we’re going to have to face in the future.

All of our bottles have “sealed for your protection” layers on them because of a single incident of tampering. The same could happen to us if we’re not careful as a community.

People are saying “don’t fly in front of manned aircraft, dummy!” because we don’t want people to think it’s okay to do those things. We’re trying to self-police before it becomes a real-police thing.

And trust me, with drones, this **** is going to get baked into the firmware/software.

Abuse the freedom you have now, and those freedoms will be taken away one by one.

Just my two cents.

Speed limit laws are decades old, well established, as are the fines and punishments for breaking them. We have test tracks and other locations where it’s 100% fine to go 200 mph. You don’t even technically need a license to drive a vehicle off-road, or on a private test track. If some idiot drives their GM vehicle through a school zone at 150, it’s not even going to be front page news.

Drone laws, on the other hand, are evolving. Right now, literally any action you take outside is covered by the FAA. All sorts of rules and regulations are being established and changed. The more things people do - or allude to - outside of the scope of decency and courtesy, the more laws and regulations we’re going to have to face in the future.

All of our bottles have “sealed for your protection” layers on them because of a single incident of tampering. The same could happen to us if we’re not careful as a community.

People are saying “don’t fly in front of manned aircraft, dummy!” because we don’t want people to think it’s okay to do those things. We’re trying to self-police before it becomes a real-police thing.

And trust me, with drones, this **** is going to get baked into the firmware/software.

Abuse the freedom you have now, and those freedoms will be taken away one by one.

Just my two cents.

Very well stated...

Of the 5 people who have seen my Mavic the ladies went straight for the 'It can spy on me sunbathing in the garden' routine so I challenged and said I can look at much better bodies on the internet so why would I bother! also pointing out I can put a camera on a stick and hold it over the fence but that is illegal I believe. They tried the goggles and were fascinated by the quality and I felt a small in-road against media hysteria had been made. One of the ladies was so impressed she asked me to film her large floral back garden (innuendo intended for giggles) as she was impressed with the stability and quality.
We can only do our bit but alas......well we all know the rest.
And for the record I again state it was never my intention to film a 10MW transmitter pumping out banal shite but to avoid possible interference as I live close to it.

Reactions: cderoche
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev