DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1" Sensor on the Air 2S not as big as you think but still way bigger than Air 2

Sure is a lot of talk about sensor size. Does it really matter ??? Now before you spit your coffee across the room in disgust, let me explain. My first DJI was a Spark and YouTube has hours of amazing videos done by experts with NO post production edit. These are people doing reviews on what the Spark can do in the right hands.

Moving forward with the MA2 , better drone better camera. Does that mean better pics and video? It can in the right hands. I see people all the time ask "how can I take better pics" usually the first 20 replies are "edit, edit , post , post, post". I'm screaming at my laptop "stop shooting everything at 400' at high noon".

There is a lot to be said for the "golden hour" and a compelling subject.

Now the A2S is coming out and everybody is going crazy. I feel a small minority of people will benefit from the better camera but the vast majority think "I'll take pics like a PRO if I just had the newest drone".

RANT OVER !
Of course a good photographer can take good photos with a 6 year old Iphone but all things being equal photos have more dynamic range and "pop" when taken with a better camera.So if I want the latest and greatast I'll get it!???

Sure is a lot of talk about sensor size. Does it really matter ??? Now before you spit your coffee across the room in disgust, let me explain. My first DJI was a Spark and YouTube has hours of amazing videos done by experts with NO post production edit. These are people doing reviews on what the Spark can do in the right hands.

Moving forward with the MA2 , better drone better camera. Does that mean better pics and video? It can in the right hands. I see people all the time ask "how can I take better pics" usually the first 20 replies are "edit, edit , post , post, post". I'm screaming at my laptop "stop shooting everything at 400' at high noon".

There is a lot to be said for the "golden hour" and a compelling subject.

Now the A2S is coming out and everybody is going crazy. I feel a small minority of people will benefit from the better camera but the vast majority think "I'll take pics like a PRO if I just had the newest drone".

RANT OVER !

The DJI sanctioned professional graded (advertised) reviews for the Mavic Air 2 from last year have better looking final footage than probably 99.999% of all DJI pilots will ever produce even with an full frame sensor, that is the reality :)

Any word on whether they upgraded the processor?

Remember that Mavic 2 Pro video didn't live up to some expectations because of the limitations of the processor.

Is this Air 2S going to be under 250 grams? Not that the weight difference would matter for registration and flight restrictions as long as it has a camera.

Any word on whether they upgraded the processor?

Remember that Mavic 2 Pro video didn't live up to some expectations because of the limitations of the processor.

Is this Air 2S going to be under 250 grams? Not that the weight difference would matter for registration and flight restrictions as long as it has a camera.
It will absolutely not be under 250 grams

Just checked and 1" isn't real it's actually only 15.86mm in a diagonal compared to the current 8mm of the Air 2 and Mavi Mini and Mini 2

To get to a full inch you get there by using an APS-C Digital Camera with a 26.7mm diagonal measurement.

So the sensor on the Air 2S is twice the diagonal measurement of the Air 2 BUT 4x the area of the Air 2, that's like comparing 1080 with 4K Wow!

So not so much of an issue for video but huge benefit for stills photographers...

Sensor Size Link
How does the sensor size compare to m2p? Same size?

Sure is devious, what marketing isn’t these days?

In Australia manufacturers use the term ‘Clinically tested’ because they haven’t been scientifically tested to accepted standards. They also slip in the term ‘May help’ because there is no scientific basis or proof the product does what it claims. The cosmetic industry is full of very questionable claims.

How about ‘Buy one get one free’. Nothing of the sort, you’re being charged for both.

Marketing, sadly, has become the art of deception. You really need to research these days to find the truth.
Not unlike the term 3rd party Laboratory (not influenced?) or independent testing facility is a good one. You have to be discerning. One of the reason I love MP. I get what I consider to be the real scoop from those truly in the know. -Godspeed

Maybe someone monetarily endowed could disassemble the gimbals of the drones in question and physically measure the sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura