DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$1000 repair.

Steve M

Reactions
I posted this in General but after 50 odd looks no response , so I thought that I would be more specific and post here..
Problem ; my zoom loses signal after 20 or 30 meters distance.
"
  • Core Board Module
  • Right Control Stick Module
" Payment Options
Product Code Description QTY Unit Price Total
DJI_RMA DJI - RMA Repair (Repair Service and Accessories) 1 $883.46
Subtotal $883.46
Tax (GST 10%) $88.35

TOTAL (inc GST) $971.81"

2 yr old zoom , It has been up about 2 or three dozen times, I use auto take off, auto return,
I am no 'Pilot', when I go away for a weekend, I have taken about a hundred pics and about 50, 30 sec vids.
I just take a few pics and vids a few times a year when on holidays.

I am really disappointed in the longevity/reliability of the drone, since I paid about $3000 all up, including a fly more pack and goggles,
a couple of years ago.
But back to the question ,should I ,

1 pay it. (about $1000)
2 get another one second hand zoom, (or another new one)
3 get a cheaper DJI?
4 or get something else?

Is there something better after 2 years?

This nearly $1000 invoice has really shocked me.
I know that I really don't get the full value out of this drone that some people would.

Mate, thank you for your reply but I don't really understand you.
Could you be more specific, ?
Are you saying that where you are that it would not be a good investment?

That's what I was. meaning to say. Thank you SkyeHigh. That is quite an investment and maybe getting a few more quotes might be a good idea. But even the quotes or estimates will cost a little money too.

Reactions: Capt KO and Steve M
Hawks, thank you too, i am really slow typing and going doing other things, I am interested in alternatives.

You said you fly infrequently so that is a expensive repair, but the MA2 is not compatible with goggles and I'm not sure if that will change. If you decide not to repair maybe parting out everything in a classified ad. I'm not trying to influence you in any way, just the options as you said.

Reactions: Steve M
Hey, hawk, Thank you, I did not realize that the googles were not 'at the moment' comparable with MA2,
and parting out maybe a good idea, I really don't use the googles much anyway.

Reactions: Rchawks
$971 to repair a controller.. That's crazy.

Have you priced a new controller? Or better yet, have you looked for a used one. Considering the fact that drones occasionally crash and get completely destroyed, or fly off never to be seen again, there must be used ones on the market.

DJI quote? $1000, That’s crazy talk. Seen them fix total crashes for a few hundred bucks. Parts are not that expensive. Might be time to give DIY a try.

Good luck

If you like to fix things, and are handy in that regard. Buy another drone, then look for parts on line. Pilots crash there drone, and many parts are still usable to replace parts on your non functioning drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000