DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 test, any paperwork from FAA required?

usaken

Reactions
Taking the 107 test Friday. Is there any paperwork from the FAA required. I signed up for the test on the FAA we site and got the FAA issued number. Signed up on line for PSA test. Do I Need any froms from the FAA? Thanks

Reactions: Marv McCarthy
I believe you just need that number and your ID.

You do not need anything except ID. It would be wise to also take a printout of your testing appointment verification as well.
There are plenty of resources available on the www to include YouTube to help you prepare for the exam. Do yourself the favor and order the booklet FAA-CT-8080-2H. That will be the exact booklet the test station provides you for testing purposes. I believe the test organization has a list of specific personal items you may use with the testing. Look it up! The FAA web site also provides a plethora of data pertaining to your initial test. Bookmark the web pages as there are far too many to try to download and print. You can D/L the material, but please do NOT try to print, far, far, far, far too many pages. Here is an excellent site for a sample FAA 107 test. Drone Law and Drone Attorney Assistance - Many other www site/YouTube have the exact test and questions. The FAA 107 initial and recurrent test questions have been compromised to the max. Study, study, study, and did I say study!

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Reactions: Gindra
Taking the 107 test Friday. Is there any paperwork from the FAA required. I signed up for the test on the FAA we site and got the FAA issued number. Signed up on line for PSA test. Do I Need any froms from the FAA? Thanks
Are you recertifying or taking the test for the first time?

Are you recertifying or taking the test for the first time?
I assumed OP was going for initial cert. My assumption was made simply from the posting. I am believing he would know requirements for revert (EDIT) recert if he already had 107. But, I have been wrong many times in the past and I guarantee I will be in the future. Just ask my better half. She’ll confirm.

I assumed OP was going for initial cert. My assumption was made simply from the posting. I am believing he would know requirements for revert (EDIT) recert if he already had 107. But, I have been wrong many times in the past and I guarantee I will be in the future. Just ask my better half. She’ll confirm.
I thought that, too, but I looked up the temporary program and the way I understand it it only applies to part 61 and reverts (UAR). If they would do it for UAG, however, I'd be on it in an instant!

Took the test this morning. (Spoiler: I passed.) All I needed was my ID, but I had a printout of the last email I received from the testing company confirming my appointment.

Leave your phone and any other electronic devices locked up in the car. Don't forget that a smart watch or Fitbit-type device is considered an electronic device by the testing company. That tripped up a couple of people who were taking tests at the same time.

Good luck!

Reactions: Marv McCarthy
Took the test this morning. (Spoiler: I passed.) All I needed was my ID, but I had a printout of the last email I received from the testing company confirming my appointment.

Leave your phone and any other electronic devices locked up in the car. Don't forget that a smart watch or Fitbit-type device is considered an electronic device by the testing company. That tripped up a couple of people who were taking tests at the same time.

Good luck!
Hey congratulations! That is great news! Thanks for the heads up on the electronic stuff, too!

Hey congratulations! That is great news! Thanks for the heads up on the electronic stuff, too!
Thanks!

One other thing...I tested at a PSI company location. They are requiring everyone who takes a test at the company locations to wear a mask and fill out a form that asks about possible risk for COVID-19. If you're testing at a non-PSI location (like a school or FBO), you may want to check with them on their requirements so you will know beforehand.

If you are signed up thru FAA and testing center you don’t take anything. I had to wear a mask but couldn’t take anything else in. You will need is with photo and address. Best wishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69