DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 Test in the time of Covid

WahooBadger

Reactions
I've been studying for the Part 107 test and should be ready soon, but these days I'm not venturing out much to inside venues except for the grocery store. Anyone who has taken the test recently, I'd be interested in commentary about Covid 19 precautions at the test site. Thanks in advance for any info.

Took my test at PSI in Brick New Jersey last month.
Everyone was wearing a mask and the employees were behind plexiglass as well.

Was sent to a room with individual cubicles. In the cubicle was a computer. People were in every other cubicle to keep social distance.
I didn't see anyone wiping down any cubicles or keyboards while i was there. (not to say they weren't doing it - I just didnt see anything)

You may want to bring some wipes in and wipe the keyboard down or wear gloves before you take the test.

Everything went fine for me.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I tested a few months back. The computer station had been thoroughly cleaned and I was the only one in the testing room; they were limiting concurrent testers to provide distancing. All staff and myself were required to wear masks. Other than that, it was like any other proctored exam I've taken.

I would call the testing site and ask them if you are concerned. If their answer satisfies you, then by all means go test and get your 107 ?

Reactions: dawgpilot
PSI is taking all COVID precautions. No worries.

I completed my recurrent at the USAFA Aeroclub in June. I was the only one at their 3 station test office. I was informed everything was wiped down, but they preferred to wipe again with customer present for verifying to customer!
The gloves and wipes are a good suggestion as well!

Tested a couple weeks ago in NY. I was only one taking test but they said they cleaned each cubicle after each test. Masks had to be worn but I took mine off during test(only one there). I didn’t have any concerns

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King