DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

16 G Memory Card

Healeyman

Reactions
I have read that the Mavic comes with a 16G Micro-SD memory card.

About how many minutes (hours) of 4K video is that?

Will the Mavic take stills WHILE taking video?

Thanks,

Tim

I bought me a 128gb just in case.

I replaced mine with a 64 gig card and thats over 2hrs recording time ...

As for photos no you cannot take a photo at the same time as recording video.

Of all of the features that I would like to see added the ability to capture stills while recording video is among the highest.

Reactions: Bursky
Be warned that the Mavic does appear to have a limit on SD card size. I use a 32 GB right now but initially I tried a 200GB that I had and the Mavic would format and save video to it but it was impossible to pull the files off the SD card using a Windows computer (I am sure it would have worked under Linux but that is not convenient for what I need to do with it) A 128 GB may work but the limit may be 64GB, I have not seen this documented anywhere but I also did not look very hard. My guess is the Mavic formats a card over a certain size in such a way that Windows doesn't like it.

I am not sure why you would need more than a 32-64 GB card really, it is easy to pull the card out and clear it after a few flights or each day or whatever. I have 2 32 GB cards in case I need a second one before I can clear the first.

My issue is becoming where to put all the video from the Mavic, I need a couple more HDDs :)

The official limit is 64 gig.

Page 56 of the full user guide.

Of all of the features that I would like to see added the ability to capture stills while recording video is among the highest.
Can't you just extract stills from the video after getting it off the mavic? I think you can get better shots that way since you can pick the specific video frame to make a pic from.

Reactions: jointeffort
Good to know. I may swap out the 64gb card in my samsung note and put the 128gb card in it.

Reactions: finalfantasyfans
Can someone post the link to the 64gb memory card that's best for filming in 4K?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I would go with this one... https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Adapter-SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA/dp/B010NE3N3S

This would work as well but is the "Old version" and not sure what that means, it does have the right markings for 4K use though and is less than half the price... Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-064G-GN6MA) Old Version: Computers & Accessories

I would go with this one... Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

This would work as well but is the "Old version" and not sure what that means, it does have the right markings for 4K use though and is less than half the price... Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-064G-GN6MA) Old Version: Computers & Accessories

Thanks for the info!

Can't you just extract stills from the video after getting it off the mavic? I think you can get better shots that way since you can pick the specific video frame to make a pic from.

Yes. I use adobe premier for stills.

You can do that... but it is highly compressed compared to the image quality you get from the DNG raw file when taking actual still photos.

Can't you just extract stills from the video after getting it off the Mavic? I think you can get better shots that way since you can pick the specific video frame to make a pic from.

Extracting stills from video is terrible as you are trying to create a still image from a "sort of moving image". You can get this blurring effect. Best thing to do is to stop the video, shoot the still, and then start the video again.

Reactions: Tyler Draper
I use a 128 GB from the same series as the original 16 GB and it is working fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb