DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1m USB-C to USB-C connection cable remote control to the smartphone

Bruchpilot

Reactions
Hello Mini 2, Air 2S and Air2 pilots,

does someone have a 1m connection cable USB-C to USB-C from the remote control to the smartphone in use and if so, which one?

I couldn't find any information on the internet or here.

I am grateful for every tip, greetings

I just tried the amazonbasics doublebraided cables I have and they work fine.
I tried the 1 foot, a few 3 '( 1m) and a 10' cable(3m). 2 things to note though are that they do NOT have 90 ends and some batches have thicker end sheaths than others so they may not fit without buying a skinny adaptor like this:

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Best price on Amazon.

What is the purpose of connecting SC to phone?

Reactions: Bruchpilot
@Yeunglings, thank you very much for your helpful test.
@Arnold LeVine, thank you for your recommendation
@Fun Flyer, yes of course I looked at Amazon

It's about 1m USB-C to USB-C cable from the RC to the smartphone to operate the smartphone in VR glasses and so fly FPV.
Hence the question whether someone has already successfully tested such a cable and whether a longer cable works at all.

greeting

Sorry....can't help you on the cable. I know on my Spark a regular cable won't work...must be an OTG cable. No clue what a mini requires. Curious though.....why would you need such a long cable? Hooking it up to a 55" monitor?

I haven't delved in on this subject at all but from what I've seen posted here I think you might want to wait. I could be wrong but I think that as of right now none of the controllers you mentioned actually support VR so what you would be seeing is the exact same as having 2 small phone screens in front of you instead of a FPV layout with the appropriate information shown only once( left side or right side)as if seen on 1 big screen broken in half. Again I'm not speaking from experience so I could be very wrong or you might have already accounted for that but it might be worthwhile researching more. If you already have the goggles and are just playing around a $20 cable isn't going to break you if it does what I think it will but going all in from nothing might be a very expensive proposition with little return.

Hello Mini 2 friends,

yes, that's right, the Mini 2 has no FPV function for VR glasses.
I use single-screen glasses, the smartphone display is mirrored and enlarged, and I have already used these with two other drones with good results.
Type "XIMMERSE VISOR X". More information here in the German forum (#22).

greeting

Hello Mini2 friends,

According to information from the DJI service and our own tests, the use of other connecting cables RC to the smartphone is problem-free. These should also be suitable for data transmission and the maximum thickness of the connector sheath must not be greater than 6.1 mm. I even tested a 2m long USB-C to USB-C cable according to the USB2 standard, no problems.
I can particularly recommend these:

1,00m
0,23m
0,50m

greeting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members