DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st drone video ever - Lei Yue Mun, Hong Kong

lokinhei

Reactions
after getting used to the Mavic and going through all those settings for a week, this is the 1st ever drone video I made, taken at Lei Yue Mun in Hong Kong.

Please kindly lemme know whether you like it or not? and what are the things i can improve? Thanks!

Last edited:
after getting used to the Mavic and going through all those settings for a week, this is the 1st ever drone video I made, taken at Lei Yue Mun in Hong Kong.

Please kindly lemme know whether you like it or not? and what are the things i can improve? Thanks!

Loved it! Good use of great location and editing. Shot in 4K? And what editing did you do with what software?

Very nice indeed for your 1st video. I am hoping to master the basics in flying the Mavic smoothly and hopefully when I visit HK later in the year, I can take some great video too in a great City. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: lokinhei
Loved it! Good use of great location and editing. Shot in 4K? And what editing did you do with what software?

thank you CoolBreeze! yes, it is shot in 4K, edited by Adobe Premiere with some free LUTs downloaded.

Very nice indeed for your 1st video. I am hoping to master the basics in flying the Mavic smoothly and hopefully when I visit HK later in the year, I can take some great video too in a great City. Thanks for sharing.

thank you flyforfreedom! I still not dare to fly in the urban area in HK, but our countryside is superb places to fly too!

Very nicely done. Enjoyed watching it. The only change I'd make is to fly with some ND filters on the camera to slow the shutter speed down and add some natural cinematic motion blur to the faster movements so it looks and feels more fluid.

thank you CoolBreeze! yes, it is shot in 4K, edited by Adobe Premiere with some free LUTs downloaded.

thank you flyforfreedom! I still not dare to fly in the urban area in HK, but our countryside is superb places to fly too!

Need to read up on the laws regarding flying a drone in HK. I see some amazing videos of people flying in the cities amongst the skyscrapers and look amazing. Well, I wont be that brave to do that, I shall be staying in Sai Kung, so hoping lots of opportunities to fly there.

Wow! Great video! I dont know why but there is something so relaxing in watching many little boats from upside down. Hope that doesn't sound too weird)

Very nicely done. Enjoyed watching it. The only change I'd make is to fly with some ND filters on the camera to slow the shutter speed down and add some natural cinematic motion blur to the faster movements so it looks and feels more fluid.

Thank you! Yes, I am struggling on which set of filters, the ND set or the ND/PL set, to buy from PolarPro...... I did use CPL in my camera, and i reli like the effect a PL can create, but the way it works just seem not quite suitable for a drone? do you have any experience on this you can share with me ?

Need to read up on the laws regarding flying a drone in HK. I see some amazing videos of people flying in the cities amongst the skyscrapers and look amazing. Well, I wont be that brave to do that, I shall be staying in Sai Kung, so hoping lots of opportunities to fly there.

We don't have thorough regulations on drone, and don't see it coming yet. you can still refer to this Civil Aviation Department - Guidelines on Operations of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for details.

Wow! Great video! I dont know why but there is something so relaxing in watching many little boats from upside down. Hope that doesn't sound too weird)

Thank you! it's great to hear that the footage is able to let people somehow feel something from it.

Thank you! Yes, I am struggling on which set of filters, the ND set or the ND/PL set, to buy from PolarPro...... I did use CPL in my camera, and i reli like the effect a PL can create, but the way it works just seem not quite suitable for a drone? do you have any experience on this you can share with me ?

We don't have thorough regulations on drone, and don't see it coming yet. you can still refer to this Civil Aviation Department - Guidelines on Operations of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for details.

Thank you! it's great to hear that the footage is able to let people somehow feel something from it.

Yes, I have the PolarPro cinematic PL lens and love them. I made a mark on them with a sharpie to indicate polarizer direction for roughly the afternoon hour and sun orientation so I have a good starting point on getting them properly oriented for a majority of use cases. You can always launch, check and land to re-adjust from that point. The polarization is not a hard cut off if orientated slightly off so in most cases you can set it the same every time and forget it and it will still provide a benefit.

Yes, I have the PolarPro cinematic PL lens and love them. I made a mark on them with a sharpie to indicate polarizer direction for roughly the afternoon hour and sun orientation so I have a good starting point on getting them properly oriented for a majority of use cases. You can always launch, check and land to re-adjust from that point. The polarization is not a hard cut off if orientated slightly off so in most cases you can set it the same every time and forget it and it will still provide a benefit.

thank you! i will try using it !

Great shots and good control,very smooth ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU