DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st time connecting drone to DJI Assistant. I have a couple questions...

Nonprophet

Reactions
In my rush to film a sunrise over the weekend, I forgot to install micro SD card in my MA2, thankfully the onboard memory captured it :)

In order to retrieve the footage, I connected the drone to my computer for the first time. After I retrieved the video footage I launched DJI Assistant for the heck of it. It prompted to install the latest firmware, which I did. Then I noticed the "calibration" option--has anyone used this? Is there a reason to use/not use it? It seems kinda weird to do using the short USB cable they provide...

Lastly, I noticed the Flight Log section, was surprised to find about 3.4GB of data logs there! I downloaded a backup to my computer which is a .DAT file--questions are: where does this date get stored--on the drone itself? And, any reason to keep or delete the flight logs once a flight is completed?

Thanks!

I wouldn't be too curious and do a calibration without it being prompted for, as it fails a lot of the time.

The calibration resets the vision sensors on the AC, but if they aren't having problems don't do a calibration for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nonprophet
The calibration section does the vision sensors in your drone it will recalibrate them.... And of course you would not use that small cable to hook up to DJI assistant.. find a longer USB cable and you are good to go!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111