DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

-2.0 EV in manual mode: no option to change?

RHelton10

Reactions
I did a quick search and cannot find the answer to this question; my apologies if it's already been answered.

When in Manual Photo mode, the Exposure Value is preset to -2.0 EV, and I cannot find any settings to put it back to Zero. I can adjust shutter and ISO, but not the overall EV.

Anyone know how to do this, or why in the world the default is to underexposure the image in manual mode?

I found this video the most helpful on camera settings - there are several others, but most seem to be an older app version. Almost every button, setting on here matched my version.

I did a quick search and cannot find the answer to this question; my apologies if it's already been answered.

When in Manual Photo mode, the Exposure Value is preset to -2.0 EV, and I cannot find any settings to put it back to Zero. I can adjust shutter and ISO, but not the overall EV.

Anyone know how to do this, or why in the world the default is to underexposure the image in manual mode?
In Manual mode the EV number is indicating the exposure you have set manually - using the ISO and shutter.
You can't adjust the EV directly like you can in Auto setting.
Auto setting sees you select (say) -0.1 and changes the ISO and shutter to achieve that.
In most cases you may as well use Auto, it does a pretty good job and adjusts smoothly as light changes hugely when you pan up/down or turn

Reactions: GoggleFrog
I found this video the most helpful on camera settings - there are several others, but most seem to be an older app version. Almost every button, setting on here matched my version.

Thanks for that link, that was very well put together video!

Reactions: shevlin
The problem with using Auto exposure for video is that you lose the cinematic shutter setting of 2X the frame rate. You can’t force the shutter to stay at a constant rate and adjust ISO to compensate for lighting. That would be Shutter Priority mode on a digital camera. DJI should add this as it would be useful to have.

For still images, manual is still preferred if you plan to have consistent exposure among all the images you take.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803