Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Controllers

locknload595

Reactions
Hi
Is it possible to use two controllers with the DJI Mini Se
I don't mean at the same time.
I would like to have a controller setup with a tablet and another controller setup with a small phone then depending on the situation use one or the other but never at the same time.
Is the controller bound to the drone?
Cheers Doug

You can alternate between two controllers, A and B, but you will have to link each 'new' controller each time you use it. So if you had been using A then went to use B you would have to link B to the drone and the next time you went to use A you would have to link A to the drone etc. etc..
Besides, I believe, most of the settings are stored on the drone. I am not what settings, if any, are stored elsewhere but those that are, if any, are, I suspect, stored in the App.
I swap phones quite frequently and I have even swapped a phone mid flight recently when the phone in use threw a tantrum and I needed/wanted a screen quickly.

When considering your reasons for it, see no real advantage in what you are contemplating. But there may be an advantage in the number of drone batteries worth of flights you could make using one charge of both controllers but, if starting with a fully charged battery in the controller I think each controller may last long enough to fly three batteries worth of drone flights, especially if you happen to be using Apple screens.
You may need multiple controller-to-screen-device cables, to accommodate the necessary cable lengths if nothing else.
If you are still thinking of two controllers it might be worth asking if a Mavic Mini controller will work with the Mini SE, a firmware update might be required but from memory the last time I looked they were the same model of controller. Obviously you would need to stick to the SE's FCC vs CE type version

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for your informative reply.
The main reason for wanting to use two controllers is to reduce the amount of fiddling about with adaptors to fit the tablet and phone to the same controller. Sometimes I don't need the visibility of the big android tablet screen but need the portability of using my android phone. The mount I use for the tablet does not offer the small size and portability of the mount I use for my phone. Hope that makes sense.
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU