DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 out of 10 flights I start up and video is black...

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Have you seen this before? Both have been quick flights but i power up and realize the camera is black on my screen.. all other controls seem fine.. Power off drone and close fly app and its resolved.

I had this issue on my z8s for a few weeks after an update...then a few more updates came out and eventually the most recent one fixed the issue. I won't update that tablet again because I worry the issue will come back on a future update.

I had this issue on my z8s for a few weeks after an update...then a few more updates came out and eventually the most recent one fixed the issue. I won't update that tablet again because I worry the issue will come back on a future update.
hmm, this is a s20 ultra so its not a old device.. interesting though.. Will get worried if it happens again after next update.

hmm, this is a s20 ultra so its not a old device.. interesting though.. Will get worried if it happens again after next update.
With DJI you'll find it's best at least with Androids to pick a device that works and use it just for that and forsake any updates. A S20 has about 10 variants and each one of those has it's own Android system. Given the number of phones/tablets out there, then multiply it by (let's just say) 10, that would be DJI has to figure out 1000 + Android systems every year and adjust it to work with all of them...isn't going to happen. With Apple.... just 1.

It usually has to do with vendors/providers changing hardware within the main phone system then modifying the main Android system with their own skin which causes the issue. DJI test their software with the base Google Android release on the world release (unlocked) of a phone system. Then adds to their accepted use product list.

That is why a Galaxy S8 by T-Mobile will work fine, but one by AT&T wont. This is all well known and documented among the DJI and Android community. And has been discussed ad nauseam in DJI threads and Youtube videos for years. It is what it is. One thing is, Don't update your phone, DJI Software or even firmware. till you know for a fact (Per internet reports) that their is no issue doing so. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :) This is a 3 year old video and explains the "just" of the situation. Now we add in that DJI Fly App is a 64 bit Android and the problem is worse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580