DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2. ww bunkers on the Danish west coast

Wow. I have read about the use of bunkers to stop troops from the sea getting on land. Your video makes it real.

Nice flight, and such a somber subject.
Hard to imagine what it would be like being in one of those facing battleship battery from the sea, or being in a landing craft riding in to face heavy fire from these bunkers.

They will be there for a long time, hopefully people remember what they represent, humanity vs humanity, and the senseless losses.
It seems maybe history will always repeats itself though.

Great shots of this historic location.

Thanks for sharing. Later generations forget what those that preceded them had to endured and suffer through many of whom never survived. A few years earlier, people had no idea that times would get so dark and the suffering to come. Glad those areas are not torn down.

Don't know, but bet when those were built, the shore line was elevated like it is behind them and has shore line has eroded over the years. Interesting how the rock outcropping still supports that one bunker.

I imagine the locals wishing the sea would take them away. They are historically significant but an eyesore against a beautiful coastline.

If you tear them down (agree, they are an eye sore on a beautiful beach) then later generations soon forget the stories pasted down as those how lived through pass away. Then it becomes hear say and then it disappears for the minds of the young. The younger generations soon forget and the events fade into oblivion lost forever.

Yea they are an eye sore, but they are also a monument to the struggles of that day.

There is just not a good solution either way.

For me raised in Denmark approx. 50 km. from the coast, I am very divided. I have not experienced the war, and my parents are born duing the war. Every summer I have come as a child on the west coast, and have been quite use to the bunkers.

When they were built they were in the dunes, and it is the erotion that has removed the sand beneath them.

As much as I hate the story behind them, since Denmark was a part of the countries that were invaded, it fascinates me. Imagine that the Nazis could build so many buildings that still stand there 70 years after, and at the same time be at war with most of Europe.

That's why I don't have a problem with them, but they are not pretty.

If you want to read more, here is a homepage..
Bunkers - Søndervig.dk

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird