DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2018-12 Santa Monica Mountains sunset M2P, part 3 (final)

I really like your pictures! Stunning stuff!!
Thanks for sharing.

But I would, instead, upload your photos into an album and then post this album via the camera icon on top of the text editor. As far as I remember (just did this once) you and your audience gets a nice viewer with dark background and don’t need to post in 3 parts.

Reactions: DarthSLR
I really like your pictures! Stunning stuff!!
Thanks for sharing.

But I would, instead, upload your photos into an album and then post this album via the camera icon on top of the text editor. As far as I remember (just did this once) you and your audience gets a nice viewer with dark background and don’t need to post in 3 parts.
Thank you!
That what I normally do, but, as I said in part one, I was specifically asked to post inline.
Here are the links, btw (complete with more stuff and some hyperlapses)
Saturday
Sunday

Reactions: calmar81
awesome shots! are these single shots or HDRs?
Most are HDRs, additionally processed in Adobe Camera RAW.
What I should have done was to bracket them and thus have the actual raw DNG files, which I could then have used to their full extent.
Oh well, so many things to take care of while being on the spot, with light changing, small prop planes flying around, battery screaming to land... So I went for a quick HDR option. I'm still very new to the whole flying thing, need to get used to it, and in the meantime, to plan better :)

Reactions: calmar81
Most are HDRs, additionally processed in Adobe Camera RAW.
What I should have done was to bracket them and thus have the actual raw DNG files, which I could then have used to their full extent.
Oh well, so many things to take care of while being on the spot, with light changing, small prop planes flying around, battery screaming to land... So I went for a quick HDR option. I'm still very new to the whole flying thing, need to get used to it, and in the meantime, to plan better :)

Yeah it’s one big learning experience. I now only shoot Raw for HDr as well as panos. I find that it is much better to have the RAW files and use photoshop to merge after processing in RAW. The in camera stuff is convenient but if you don’t mind the work, the results from the RAW files are pretty **** good

Yeah it’s one big learning experience. I now only shoot Raw for HDr as well as panos. I find that it is much better to have the RAW files and use photoshop to merge after processing in RAW. The in camera stuff is convenient but if you don’t mind the work, the results from the RAW files are pretty **** good
I do have my camera set to shoot jpeg+raw, but for some reason HDR did not save RAW. Am I missing something?
That said, in my "ground" photography I always shoot RAW, it's a part of my "raw-flow" :)

When you select HDR it processes in-camera and obviously can only output JPEG. If you want best results you need to shoot bracketed shots in RAW, and merge to HDR in post (EDIT: see you mentioned that already).

Some really awesome views in those 3 sets, but yeah if it was me the onboard process results in a quality I wouldn't have been happy with unfortunately :(

when you shoot HDR or Panos, the camera will not save to Raw. It is a known bug. After shooting a camera Pano, you have to reset your save settings otherwise everything shot after that is JPG only. I learned it the hard way and lost some every cool shots that I only have JPGs of

When you select HDR it processes in-camera and obviously can only output JPEG. If you want best results you need to shoot bracketed shots in RAW, and merge to HDR in post (EDIT: see you mentioned that already).

Some really awesome views in those 3 sets, but yeah if it was me the onboard process results in a quality I wouldn't have been happy with unfortunately :(
I decided to check it out, and sure, when HDR is selected it switches to JPEG only mode.
3EB92920-988F-4757-B3B5-BF26A0F06A2B.jpeg

I guess we need to ask the manufacturer (DJI, are you listening?) to allow to save HDR frames, just like with time lapse and pano...

I guess we need to ask the manufacturer (DJI, are you listening?) to allow to save HDR frames, just like with time lapse and pano...

They’ve been aware of it since September but still haven’t fixed it. The Pano mode yield pretty lousy results so I don’t bother with it anymore. Lots of distortion and screwed up perspective imo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting