DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

-

My tips.

Use a neck strap. RC hanging around the neck, drone in one hand and use the auto takeoff with the other hand (hence the neck strap).

Landing do the same. Bring drone to around head height, hold left hand under the drone the initiate auto land with the other hand. Drops straight into your hand, grab the sides and hold steady til motors stop.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Turn OFF the landing protection... makes it a whole lot easier when it's not trying to power away from you! Mine is always off anyway as I fly around water a lot, hand catching is so easy it's not funny, hand launching... a bit harder, I use my nose (as I'm holding the controller and drone) to slide the auto-take-off slider bar, only time I do use that feature.

I hand launch and catch about 80% of the time.
I disable Landing Protection ( don't see the need for it )
On take off hold bottom of MP at about shoulder height, press the take off button then the slider and let go.
MP will hover, then off you go.
Hand catch, I bring MP down and backward to me again about shoulder height. When in place just take hold underneath and pull left stick back to shut off motors.
If you do it slowly and don't rush it's quite easy.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Do a search, already lot of posts about hand launching and catching.

I hand launch and catch my mavic 99% of the time and completely agree with the advice above:
1. Use a neck strap - makes everything much easier.
2. Disable landing protection - makes catching much easier.
3. Take your time: don't rush. I wouldn't recommend it in very high winds until you're very comfortable with it.
4. Watch several of the many YouTube videos about hand catching.
5. Very Important: Don't try to catch it while you're arguing with your stupid wife about why you still haven't mowed the friggin' grass. (or so I'm told).

I prefer hand launching/catching because it keeps it off the ground where grass, dirt, dust, etc, can get in the fan intake and inside the motors. Plus, now I don't have to use the landing gear/leg extenders, so the mavic is sleeker, lighter, and doesn't take up as much space in it's bag.

Turn OFF the landing protection... makes it a whole lot easier when it's not trying to power away from you! Mine is always off anyway as I fly around water a lot, hand catching is so easy it's not funny, hand launching... a bit harder, I use my nose (as I'm holding the controller and drone) to slide the auto-take-off slider bar, only time I do use that feature.
3b787d3231ebef37d24a4f7d99123d5f.jpg

Very Important: Don't try to catch it while you're arguing with your stupid wife about why you still haven't mowed the friggin' grass. (or so I'm told).
Wise words.
Why would you mow the grass if you can hand catch? Wives just don't get it.

Reactions: TrayBoz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev