DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$26/yr State Farm PA Policy

Slantnose79

Reactions
So I broke down and contacted my SF agent about an insurance policy for my MP. Because I already had an Personal Articles policy with them, I was able to add an additional $1,500 to the policy for the drone for a whopping $26/yr!

So, if u already have a PA policy, it's a nobrainer to add on...

Thats a great price! Much better that the one I have. Glad you "took the plunge" . Hopefully the Mavic wont. :p

...On that note, DJI refresh now covers water damage:confused: I wonder if Farmers Ins has similar?...

So I broke down and contacted my SF agent about an insurance policy for my MP. Because I already had an Personal Articles policy with them, I was able to add an additional $1,500 to the policy for the drone for a whopping $26/yr!

Did the same thing with mine great price, couldn't pass it up

Does it pay if you lose your drone?

Yeh. First time replace and then cancel your policy?
With all the problems with the mav with GPS lockouts. Soon they might not cover it till DJI fixes the software problem

Yeh. First time replace and then cancel your policy?
With all the problems with the mav with GPS lockouts. Soon they might not cover it till DJI fixes the software problem
But the insurance companies go after the manufacturer if they suspect it is a defective product. This can be more effective than you or I going after them.

But the insurance companies go after the manufacturer if they suspect it is a defective product. This can be more effective than you or I going after them.
Yeh. Im dreading my next schizophrenic mavic attack . I will call monday .
Whats needed to add it to your policy?

Yeh. Im dreading my next schizophrenic mavic attack . I will call monday .
Whats needed to add it to your policy?
A call to your agent with Receipt Value listed and serial number. Thats it. I took pictures and submitted them with full descriptions as well cause I am a bit A N A L.

I also tried to get them to cover my tablet and case but they indicated those items are not covered in a case of theft.

Homeowners policy with 1000 dollar deductible would need to be used. Since Tablet and carrying case are not worth anywhere near 1000 unless I stuff the case with some gold nuggs then it would be total loss on those two items. No worries as its alot less to replace those items versus the Mavic Pro Fly More bundle.

There is no deductible on the Drone Personal Articles policy. Zero.

I was indicating that if I wanted my tablet and Mavic carrying case replaced in a case of theft lets say. Well those items would not be covered , but the Mavic certainly would be covered with no deductible.

There is no deductible on the Drone Personal Articles policy. Zero.

I was indicating that if I wanted my tablet and Mavic carrying case replaced in a case of theft lets say. Well those items would not be covered , but the Mavic certainly would be covered with no deductible.

Don't forget in case of theft they can cover extra batteries also , as long as you have them included on your policy with the Mavic, I have a total of six batteries on mine

You might want to check with your state's insurance commissioner (don't bother asking the agent) to see if a Mavic claim counts as a ding on your record like a car accident does. It does in quite a few states (if not all of them).

Reactions: allen deckard
If you're looking at running a business with your drone you cannot add it onto a homeowners policy, you have to have a separate business policy with $1 million liability coverage the cheapest I found is $76 a month.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique