DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd / 3rd battery not getting notification to update?

Keeks2915

Reactions
Followed all the steps and first battery, RC and drone all updated perfectly no issues.
Did a search could find next question.

shut everything down, rebooted with 2nd battery and it didn’t call for any new updates with the new battery.

I understand all batteries need to be updated along with RC and drone.

However in remaining batteries aren’t triggering an update notification when I try to do this can I assume they are good to go?

thanks I’m advance!

keeks

I would like, if I may, to add an addendum to the OP's question, is there a way to determine if the message about an update being needed relates SOLELY to the battery? If so can the update be performed by the software currently on the drone or perhaps the App and WITHOUT downloading new software from the web?

Last edited by a moderator:
not all firmware updates include the battery ,if the battery is part of the update then you will notice that during the update the battery lights will start to flash in a random sequence as they are being updated the same as the RC will flash if it is being updated ,you might find that you have to switch everything off , change the battery ,and do your connection procedure again and if you dont get a battery update required ,as everything reconnects then you should be good to go

I seem to recall that if just the battery needs an update is says something to the effect “inconsistent firmware“.
Interesting. I just two days ago got that "inconsistent firmware" warning. Oddly it was right in the middle of my geofence fiasco. I did update the firmware, but only with one battery and haven't really flown my M2 since.

Reactions: Camino Ken
DJI needs to be more explicit when it's just a battery update than the generic "inconsistent firmware".

I once got the "inconsistent firmware" and I think it was more serious than just the battery. It was when I was hover testing flight times for my swollen batteries compared to new ones and providing power to the remote with a power bank.

DJI Fly does explicitly say the battery needs an update. Maybe it'll trickle back to GO4 but I wouldn't count on it.

If you want to force the issue.

Uninstall Assistant 2 for Mavic and reinstall a fresh copy. Remove the SD card (just in case)
Connect the drone to the computer by the wire. Assistant 2 should recognize the drone, refresh the current drone firmware. You should see the progress through three stages.
Download; transmit; and update;
and hopefully a clear message saying Update complete. You might then also have to download restricted zone data.

Unplug the drone and connect the controller with a different cable Switch the RC on. Assistant 2 should recognize the controller. Update the firmware.

Uninstall the Go4App on your device and install a fresh copy. After login: Go to me (bottom right)
Click The cogwheel (top left) go to firmware cache and clear the cache.

Connect the RC drone and your Go4App device. As you would for flying (no wire in the drone)
Connect the drone and RC. Open the Go4App, after checking, it should
Download; transmit; and Update all showing progress(it will display a message if the firmware is inconsistent) then you have to confirm to try and update again.

It should not be necessary to do all of the above, and I have also discovered that update can fail on a fast PC so use of a slow PC is preferred.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter