DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd Flight

Sprout

Reactions
I have only had my mavic 2 for a few days and took it for its second flight today. During the the flight the controller disconnected for a few minutes or maybe not that long because i panicked. It was only about 50 feet away about 30 feet high and just set and hovered. The remote finally reconnected and i started back to me to land and it did it again about 10 feet away. I have also have to link the controller to the drone 3 out 5 times I have had them on. Is this Normal? Should I be concerned? If it is a concern do you think refresh the firmware would correct it?

1. If your controller disconnects, your drone should begin its return to home protocol. The fact that it didn't tells me that you need to go through your settings.
2. It should really never disconnect, and should never have to redo the controller linking. Sounds like you're either doing something wrong, or that drone is defective.

1. If your controller disconnects, your drone should begin its return to home protocol. The fact that it didn't tells me that you need to go through your settings.
2. It should really never disconnect, and should never have to redo the controller linking. Sounds like you're either doing something wrong, or that drone is defective.
I could be doing something wrong but have no idea what it would be . My settings are pretty much default except i changed the return to home height to about 150 feet.

After posting this i founder i similar thread. Mavic 2 Zoom: Connection lost continuously; total loss of control; no RTH; eventually landed itself; SCARY!

I really feel that its is a firmware problem but could be wrong. If its a defective drone or a hardware problem i fell it would do it all the time. Tomorrow I am going to refresh the firmware and fly it in a wide open and safe area not going to far out or high and see if it does it again. If it does I will contact DJI support.

Did the controller disconnect from the drone or did your phone disconnect from the controller? Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. Like Just_Nick said, if the controller disconnects from the drone, after a few seconds, it should return home and land. If the phone disconnects from the controller, your screen will say it is disconnected but that only means that the phone does not have communication to the drone and the drone will just sit there and hover. This usually happens due to a faulty cable between your phone and the controller. I have found the cables that come from DJI to be unreliable. I use higher quality cables that you can get at most electronic stores or Amazon.

It did both ,but the main problem was my phone. I was using a Samsung s8, but started using a iPhone and have not had the problem since. Using factory cables from DJI for both.

I have friend that was trying to use the Samsung s8 and can't even get it to connect to the controller

I had problems similar while flying with my microUSB cord and the "recommended" HTC Nexus 9 tablet when I first got my M2P.

I switched to a USB-C tablet and got a better quality cord and the connection problems disappeared.

I credit the USB-C to full size USB cable for fixing my connection and the 64gb quad-core of my new Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus with fixing the freezing and lagging video problems I had.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S