DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd Hand Mavic Air 1. DJI GO 4 and more...

Sam21413

Reactions
Hello!

I just purchased a slightly used Mavic Air 1. I am a new pilot. I've downloaded DJI go 4 but my Air is not in the list of supported aircraft. Is there a specific app version which is compatible? (Samsung A8). What does pre or after P4 mean? I am hoping to fly the drone today without the phone but I would eventually like to access the functions of a device to film/photo and flight planning.

I apologize if my questions have been asked before but my search of the forums has turned up nothing.

Thank you for any help, tips or direction to information.

Hello! Thank you for replying. I've downloaded the DJI Go4 app. (For products before p4, I don't know what that means). When it comes to connecting the aircraft, the app offers: Inspie, phantom, matrice and Osmo. No Mavic Air or Air2.
Before P4 means before Phantom 4. Be sure you are downloading the Go4 app and not the Go app. The Go app is for "before P4". The Go4 app is for the later models (P4, Mavic, Mavic 2, Mavic Air (1)).

Reactions: Sam21413
Before P4 means before Phantom 4. Be sure you are downloading the Go4 app and not the Go app. The Go app is for "before P4". The Go4 app is for the later models (P4, Mavic, Mavic 2, Mavic Air (1)).
Thank you for the replies. I am up and running and filming/photo. I didn't realize you had to have the aircraft and controller up and running to select device.

You will get used to it mate. I got a Mavic Air last week too, love it, and getting more streamlined at getting set up.
Make sure you go in to the settings and change the one for signal loss, mine was on default to hover if connection loss, luckily I changed it to RTH before my first flight as my second flight the controller disconnected for some reason.

You will get used to it mate. I got a Mavic Air last week too, love it, and getting more streamlined at getting set up.
Make sure you go in to the settings and change the one for signal loss, mine was on default to hover if connection loss, luckily I changed it to RTH before my first flight as my second flight the controller disconnected for some reason.
Hover is the default. Watch out after aircraft firmware updates, many parameters get reset to their default values; like RTH funtion and RTH altitude.

Reactions: Grippy
You want the DJI GO4 app. I have a Mavic Air. You downloaded the DJI GO app, you will not see it there.

Hello! Thank you for replying. I've downloaded the DJI Go4 app. (For products before p4, I don't know what that means). When it comes to connecting the aircraft, the app offers: Inspie, phantom, matrice and Osmo. No Mavic Air or Air2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair