DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller problem

I have a dedicated email address for drone matters only including any apps from Dji that I require. Try that, login and try pairing then.
I will try tonight after work and let you know how I get on. Thank you for your help.

I use the same email address ( = the same DJI account login ) across multiple phones, I doubt the smart controller differs in this respect.
Hi Yorkie, my suggesion to try a dedicated email address was just an idea to rule out anything on his original email addy maybe causing the problem. Maybe a setting gone awry. Like you, I use 1 email for 3 drones (1 M2P and 2 Mini 2s). The 3 controllers are on the same email as is my SC (RM500) which I use from time to time on the 3 drones. I also have 2 telephones that I use for flying as well as using on my Dji OM5 gimbal. I do not use that email address other than for logging into Dji websites.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
My problem is the second Smart Contoller will not connect to my second Mavic Pro2 because the prior owner has not unlinked his account to that drone.
You need to contact that person.
DJI will not unbind a drone that is bound to different account. Only under certian conditions and I have not actually heard of them doing so in cases like yours.

Reactions: Mr Blue Sky
I have a dedicated email address for drone matters only including any apps from Dji that I require. Try that, login and try pairing then.
Therre’s no way the Smart Controller knows whether your email address is used only for DJI or not. That can’t be the problem.

Last edited:
I have two Smart Contollers and two Mavic Pro Drones. My problem is the second Smart Contoller will not connect to my second Mavic Pro2 because the prior owner has not unlinked his account to that drone.
This issue doesn’t affect the Mavic 2 Pro and other drones which run on DJI Go4. Refer to post #5 in this thread on the DJI forums:
It can be a nightmare on drones running on DJI Fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne