DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Blade props or not

There are some useful videos on YouTube about 3-blade prop's on Mavic Pro & Mav' 2 Pro ... The conclusions seem to be that the 3-blade prop's make the Mavic a bit more responsive, and will stop it (and accelerate it) a lot faster - to the extent that the drone is flipped up into an attitude mode that will almost get to the point where the safety kicks in and cuts the motors! The 3-blade prop's won't allow the Mavic to fly faster despite the quicker acceleration. The rpm of the motors is lower, but that's due to the motors working harder to push the air out of the way ... Carbon-Fibre prop's are generally very stiff, and therefore won't 'feather' like the stock DJI prop's. Due to the motors working harder, the battery/flight duration is decreased and flight-times are shorter.

Bringing this thread back.... anybody buy these and were successful with them?
My friend bought them and went to Puerto Rico for vacation and flew with them over 3 miles and he loves them! (Only has about 5 flights with the 3 blade props) he Swears by em...
Just wanna know if anyone else has used them as I am thinking about ordering them based on his opinion.... I'm skeptical since it's a MAJOR component and not a DJI OEM part. ...

They may work for your friend, but I doubt you will find many here that will recommend flying with none OEM parts

Reactions: Starz
Bringing this thread back.... anybody buy these and were successful with them?
My friend bought them and went to Puerto Rico for vacation and flew with them over 3 miles and he loves them! (Only has about 5 flights with the 3 blade props) he Swears by em...
Just wanna know if anyone else has used them as I am thinking about ordering them based on his opinion.... I'm skeptical since it's a MAJOR component and not a DJI OEM part. ...
Have a chat to your friend about his experience with flight duration. My experience with carbon-fibre prop's [which I'm sure these 3-blade prop's are] is that they have a lower rpm, but the motors are working harder to push the blade through the air. Therefore the battery is used up faster and flight duration decreases. I did flight tests with 2-blade c-f prop's and found that flight duration dropped by around 3 to 5 minutes. If flight duration is important to you, then a more efficient prop' will be more useful - and that's where the Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's come in to their own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet