DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro 3 lakes of Kelimutu + Positive Covid test

Vernon

Reactions

We spent 10 days in Maumere, on the north coast of Flores Island. Strange place, very scared of covid and by default now, white people. To be allowed to go ashore we both had to do a rapid test and mine came back reactive. This meant we had to do another quarantine aboard Schiehallion until the results of a PCR test came back. We were finally cleared and got to do some actually sightseeing by going up to Kelimutu, the volcano with 3 lakes. Enjoy.

We spent 10 days in Maumere, on the north coast of Flores Island. Strange place, very scared of covid and by default now, white people. To be allowed to go ashore we both had to do a rapid test and mine came back reactive. This meant we had to do another quarantine aboard Schiehallion until the results of a PCR test came back. We were finally cleared and got to do some actually sightseeing by going up to Kelimutu, the volcano with 3 lakes. Enjoy.

Hey Vernon and Marie:

Enjoyed this video very much. My favorites are the drone views of the lakes and the rice paddies, and especially the still images at the end of the video. I'm amazed you can even get a PCR test in such a remote place!! It's not even easy here in Miami. My wife and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu in Sabah, Borneo several years ago (Near Kotakinabalu). It was a monumental effort. We had to hike to 9,000 feet, sleep in a group bunkhouse, rise at 3 AM and hike to the top, tallest place in SE Asia (14,000 feet) to see the sunrise. We ached all over for several days due to the hike down.

Reactions: Vernon

Very nice video, much appreciated. Brings back memories of diving & droning visits to the area, including Alor three years ago and Komodo before that. Shame that covid-19 now puts that region off limits for general air travel for the foreseeable future until there's a vaccine, as Indonesia has many beautiful vistas worth recording for drone pilots, besides its spectular coral reefs and marine life. One word of caution, I beg you not to buy a monkey from any wildlife dealers in the area, nor try & capture one yourself. A boat is no place for a monkey and when it reaches maturity you'd regret it, no matter how cute & cuddly they look when young. Why not follow the example of the YouTube couple, Riley and Elena on "Sailing La Vagabonde" and consider making your own personal little bundle of fun yourself!

Hey Vernon and Marie:

Enjoyed this video very much. My favorites are the drone views of the lakes and the rice paddies, and especially the still images at the end of the video. I'm amazed you can even get a PCR test in such a remote place!! It's not even easy here in Miami. My wife and I climbed Mt. Kinabalu in Sabah, Borneo several years ago (Near Kotakinabalu). It was a monumental effort. We had to hike to 9,000 feet, sleep in a group bunkhouse, rise at 3 AM and hike to the top, tallest place in SE Asia (14,000 feet) to see the sunrise. We ached all over for several days due to the hike down.
Thanks Dale. Sounds like a pretty big mission you had but I'm sure it was worth all the effort right? Experiences = memories.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic